Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
281 - 290 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
623 Posts
One might also look at the JB forum too

Map guide as of v3 firmware (selected via JB4 Mobile/laptop interface. Map1 is the default map)

Map 0: JB4 disabled
Map 1: 5psi over stock tapering to 2psi at redline.
Map 2: 5psi over stock tapering to 3psi at redline
Map 3: Unassigned
Map 4: Unassigned
Map 5: Unassigned
Map 6: Unassigned
Map 7: Unassigned
Map 8: VALET / Low Boost map

·
Registered
65 Posts
Installed a new H8 AGM. GF said she thought the battery was weak when she was driving it. Swaps cars with me and put my tester to use. Testing as a bad battery at 24%. Put on the digital charger to 10 amps overnight and now I'm at 27%. Car is still under warranty but I'll just pop for the AGM. Picked up an H7 and pulled the Alfa battery. Wrong size! Go back and grab an H8. Perfect! Start her up and lots of error codes. Reset the steering, then all codes gone.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I couldn't really hear a difference between my 2019 HK and the base system on a 2022 loaner I got. They either updated it with the 2020 interior refresh, or the only difference between the base and HK is the aluminum speaker grills on the HK, LOL
There are 3 options on the speaker set up. base system , middle one I believe do not come with the HK chrome tweeters, Than the HK system

·
Registered
84 Posts
Took my wife's 2019 Ti to the dealer because after rotating the tires and taking the right rear caliper off to check the pad thickness I had every possible warning light on the dash. I followed what I thought was the correct procedure, releasing the parking brakes in the Infotainment System then went ahead and did a normal pad removal including disconnecting the wear sensor. Apparently, I confused the brake-by-wire system and there isn't any way to actually clear this up... Anyway, after trying all of the various things on the internet, including Multiecuscan software, a secure gateway bridge and an elm327 wireless module to connect, I ended up taking the Stelvio to Checkered Flag Alfa Romeo in Newport News VA. There, Jermaine took the car in and in a few hours had everything cleared and working correctly for the staggering price of $151.00. :love: BLESS HIM! he also told me that any further work to the Stelvio should/shall be done with the battery disconnected.

Earlier, he and his mechanics had corrected a CEL which Southern Alfa diagnosed (only after three (3) trips to their dealership) as a leaking emissions canister. They were supposed to have ordered the part around 6/2 - 6/3. As of today (7/21) we still haven't heard from them or seen the part. Checkered Flag fixed the car in a couple of hours with a part they had on the shelf. Again, I can't speak well enough about Jermaine and the technicians at Checkered Flag Alfa Romeo.

Oh, almost forget. took a rock to the windshield in May. Safelight replaced the glass doing a very nice job. Unfortunately, there was "something wrong" with the new windshield and they weren't able to re-set/re-calibrate the Forward Collision Warning system. Said they had to order a new windshield and replace the "defective" one. That was also in the first week in June. Safelight hasn't called either but two trips back has gotten us assured that the new windshield will be delivered in "a couple of days and we'll give you a call." Jermaine and the technicians at Checkered Flag also re-set/re-calibrated the Forward Collision Warning System without having to replace the windshield during the same visit when they did the emissions system repair. It did cost me $189.00 out of pocket but my wife is going after Safelight through the insurance company to get that back since they never correctly finished the windshield installation.

John Spensari is our salesperson at Checkered Flag and since I am planning on replacing my SL500 in the fall he and Checkered Flag will definitely be getting my business and if all goes well Southern Alfa Romeo, where I bought my 4C, will never see it or me again. Not even for free lifetime state inspections.

Did I mention, when I bought the 4C it needed gas and had three tires low on air. I also asked the dealership to change the oil which they declined to do saying it had already been done but had no records of the work.

What else... Oh yes, when my wife decided to buy the Stelvio I told the sales manager at Southern what my wife was planning. Her response was to tell me that Southern didn't have any Stelvios... REALLY?!?. When we showed up there a few weeks later to drop off my 4C for state inspection she wanted to know where the Stelvio came from. When I told her we drove up to Criswell Alfa Romeo and bought it there she wanted to know why we didn't buy from Southern. Again, REALLY?!?

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
623 Posts
So whats the verdict?
I like it, water still beads incredibly, but it get's dusty but still looks relatively shiny, (dust on the back excluded) most of that comes off with the hose, but is perfectly clean with a wipe.
I put it on the windshield too, but there was a smudge from the wiper, so don't know if it wasn't fully cured when I had to flick the wipers on, that just happened on one side.
Application is a little bit more laborious though.

281 - 290 of 290 Posts