Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Waking an old thread again- wish this forum was more active like its Giulia sister forum!

The Stelvio has been instrumental in helping me with my move- today, carrying a whole house-full of boxes to the recycling center

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I had 200 Cf of dirt and mulch in the back of mine yesterday, didnt even remove the parcel shelf.
I remember someone posted pics with bags piled up to the ceiling last year. Our friend in Lancaster?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I took my 2019 QV on a 2.5 hour mountain ride up and over two passes (Kenosha and Hoosier). . . both above 10,000 feet. My Stelvio was incredible through the hairpin switchbacks! Down shifting with the paddles was a joy and saves big-time on the brakes. . . . and passing was a ton-of-fun! To my surprise my MPG on that 2.5 hour ride with 5000 feet of vertical climb was 25 mpg! My daily commute (in traffic for 15 minutes everyday) gets me about 16-17 mpg. The Stelvio definitely wants to go fast and the mountains are just-the-ticket!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I took my 2019 QV on a 2.5 hour mountain ride up and over two passes (Kenosha and Hoosier). . . both above 10,000 feet. My Stelvio was incredible through the hairpin switchbacks! Down shifting with the paddles was a joy and saves big-time on the brakes. . . . and passing was a ton-of-fun! To my surprise my MPG on that 2.5 hour ride with 5000 feet of vertical climb was 25 mpg! My daily commute (in traffic for 15 minutes everyday) gets me about 16-17 mpg. The Stelvio definitely wants to go fast and the mountains are just-the-ticket!
That 25mpg was probably mostly achieved on the way back down!

Glad to hear I’m not the only one getting 16-17 mpg on my daily commute

·
Registered
141 Posts
Usually I just leave the drive mode in D, but this week on my regular NJ to MA drive of 250 miles I left in A. Not too much traffic, some slow single lane road construction. And some higher speed work. I am usually driving between 70-80 and probably 30-50% on cruise. 29.2 MPG! That is 2-4 mpg higher than what I see in D.

Good to know, back to full time D.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Usually I just leave the drive mode in D, but this week on my regular NJ to MA drive of 250 miles I left in A. Not too much traffic, some slow single lane road construction. And some higher speed work. I am usually driving between 70-80 and probably 30-50% on cruise. 29.2 MPG! That is 2-4 mpg higher than what I see in D.

Good to know, back to full time D.

This is interesting. I have a long road trip 1000+ miles coming up - mostly freeway - I might try that to see if I can extend the mileage this way.Thanks, John

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
at typical highway speeds it doesn't shift to 8th gear unless you are in boring modes, so if your drive is boring use A or N and downshift if needed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That sounds like fun, mine picked up a hammond organ with kelsie , put the 2x10s for ramps between the front seats along with 2 dollies and the bench
I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who wraps blankets around stuff anymore. I shake my head at people when I see them just thrown stuff in new or expensive vehicles..... I always have a blanket in the back just in case. Big thumbs up to you Lost!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who wraps blankets around stuff anymore. I shake my head at people when I see them just thrown stuff in new or expensive vehicles..... I always have a blanket in the back just in case. Big thumbs up to you Lost!
To be fair mine were empty boxes!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Washed and waxed the Stelvio today. Tried the new Chemical Guys HydroSlick Ceramic Wax and it is super smooth.
how is the ceramic helping In keeping white paint clean? Any wintertime improvement with road salt and snow/grime?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I gave my Stelvio a 2 bucket wash in the garage and then shined her all up inside and out. My wife wants to drive it so my Stelvio is all beautiful for her!
Happy Wife Happy Life!
John

21 - 38 of 38 Posts