Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Got some new rear tires today- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV. Closest match to the Pilot Sport A/S 3 I have in front. This car is so much quieter and smoother now. These rear tires are now very meaty.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Installed a few silver pieces on the center console to break up the black plastic. I also decided to put a silver ring on the multimedia knob- it makes it feel a lot more expensive and less wobbly- but decided against putting them on the DNA and volume knobs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Installed a few silver pieces on the center console to break up the black plastic. I also decided to put a silver ring on the multimedia knob- it makes it feel a lot more expensive and less wobbly- but decided against putting them on the DNA and volume knobs.

View attachment 19332
View attachment 19333
Looks great! Your pics look like Vegas (based on the sunlight/sky).
Is the carbon fiber piece on the shifter after market or the Mopar one? If Mopar, I’ve read about a bad fit on the Giulia forum, wondering where you got and how the install went - thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks great! Your pics look like Vegas (based on the sunlight/sky).
Is the carbon fiber piece on the shifter after market or the Mopar one? If Mopar, I’ve read about a bad fit on the Giulia forum, wondering where you got and how the install went - thanks!
It is the Mopar one. Can confirm, it was a huge pain to get on. I had to dremel it quite a bit in order to get it to fit. Pretty sure I broke a tab or two. But it’s on and it looks and feels fantastic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took my 2019 QV on a 2.5 hour mountain ride up and over two passes (Kenosha and Hoosier). . . both above 10,000 feet. My Stelvio was incredible through the hairpin switchbacks! Down shifting with the paddles was a joy and saves big-time on the brakes. . . . and passing was a ton-of-fun! To my surprise my MPG on that 2.5 hour ride with 5000 feet of vertical climb was 25 mpg! My daily commute (in traffic for 15 minutes everyday) gets me about 16-17 mpg. The Stelvio definitely wants to go fast and the mountains are just-the-ticket!
Pleased thanks yes because that talk passes and 2 lane mountain’s road is about what you were driving right. We are all not the same.
Alone giving something of mine
had the similarly great experiences you spoke about concerning Alpha Romeo Stelvio.
So pleased

·
480 Posts
Tips have held up great! Nothing has flaked off and the heat only bakes them more I guess. I did 2 coats primer and 3 coats paint with minimal drying time and no sanding which seems to suffice
What kind of paint did you use? How did you clean and prep the tips before painting?

·
Registered
104 Posts
What kind of paint did you use? How did you clean and prep the tips before painting?
Just standard high temp satin black paint in a rattle can. I gave the outside a deep clean in carby cleaner, scrubbed it all down and gave it a light sand as they're chrome so it helps with everything sticking

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Quadrifoglio Triple Black
5 Posts
Beautiful weather on Sunday in Upstate NY so took QV to Pineview Run a small track not to far from me. The QV is amazing! Very small course with lot of turns and grade changes. Tire scream 50% of the time but car never felt out of control. Once you cleared the apex gas on point the car where you wanted to go next. The Miata’s were amazed 😂

·
Registered
167 Posts
Pineview in Lafayette? just south of Syracuse??? I live on Onondaga hill and visited that track not long ago, only 15 mins from me, nice!!! Track seems tight for a QV.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Quadrifoglio Triple Black
5 Posts
Pineview in Lafayette? just south of Syracuse??? I live on Onondaga hill and visited that track not long ago, only 15 mins from me, nice!!! Track seems tight for a QV.
Hence the tires screaming 😂 usually take my Exige but really wanted to have fun with the QV and honestly could play more with that the the Lotus. Tire scream in the Lotus is the sound you hear just before the spin 😑

41 - 60 of 82 Posts