Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
We had a nice day here in Boston yesterday so I went out and installed the Stuff4Car S/S Deactivator I got from Jason at Alfissimo, I knew it was going to be pretty easy, but it took a whopping 5 minutes from opening the door, to testing it after install.

Easiest upgrade ever, faster than even adding new washer fluid :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
@LRZ man I am sick because I just installed a unit to the side but now I want one like yours. I may have to send mine back I don't know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rear wiper getting a little ragged so replaced it today. Interesting problem bought two different units, one supposedly listed as a Stelvio replacement and neither fit. Ended up at the dealer and had to buy the whole arm. Fit and worked fine but later noticed a Nissan SUV with what looked like the EXACT same wiper arm on the rear window. Plan on doing some field research and reporting what I find. I'll bet a Nissan replacement wiper and/or wiper arm are much more readily available and cheaper. Probably still made in Malaysia too...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Rear wiper getting a little ragged so replaced it today. Interesting problem bought two different units, one supposedly listed as a Stelvio replacement and neither fit. Ended up at the dealer and had to buy the whole arm. Fit and worked fine but later noticed a Nissan SUV with what looked like the EXACT same wiper arm on the rear window. Plan on doing some field research and reporting what I find. I'll bet a Nissan replacement wiper and/or wiper arm are much more readily available and cheaper. Probably still made in Malaysia too...
From what I hear it has the same rear wiper as a Hyundai product but I forgot which one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
@LRZ man I am sick because I just installed a unit to the side but now I want one like yours. I may have to send mine back I don't know.
@RayJ-HT Sorry a little late in responding...what did you end up deciding on? Pros definitely outweigh the cons on the one I installed. Frankly it just looks like an OEM install, and I've been very pleased with the quality as well. You can save clips in 1 or 3 min increments, and the SD card just cycles over the oldest clip as it fills. Here's what it looks like, and a short clip (2 clips actually) of why I installed it. Hopefully @pocholin doesn't deal with this as much as I do driving around Chicago!!!
Light Rectangle Astronomical object Font Line

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
103 Posts
@RayJ-HT Sorry a little late in responding...what did you end up deciding on? Pros definitely outweigh the cons on the one I installed. Frankly it just looks like an OEM install, and I've been very pleased with the quality as well. You can save clips in 1 or 3 min increments, and the SD card just cycles over the oldest clip as it fills. Here's what it looks like, and a short clip (2 clips actually) of why I installed it. Hopefully @pocholin doesn't deal with this as much as I do driving around Chicago!!!
I've been thinking of a cam for the past 12 months because, unfortunately, I do deal with this type of driving since I'm also in Chicago's very own south side!

Thanks for sharing, this indeed looks like an excellent system that completely looks like it came with the car...hoping Santa will bring me one for Xmas, at least my letter asked for one ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
FWIW I had a fitcamx on my last car and while it looked great as far as the install, overall it was very cheaply built, from the quality of the shells parts, the camera in it, the pictures from it, and the app you use to view it in the car, I'm not saying it was bad in any way, but it wasn't up to my standards which is why the Alfa got a Blackvue DR900X and I have been very happy with the build and image quality. My installation is under the camera pod and behind the rear view mirror so I never see it.

I'm not saying the fitcamx was bad, just that other than the install looking factory, the rest of it was low end and should be factored into the decision.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well I wanted to send mine back but when I tried to find the box I couldn't locate it. Then I looked through my email for a receipt and realized I purchased it way back in September. I just recently installed it so I am out of luck. It is not as nice as yours but I am stuck with it now. As you can see from the images it isn't very clear unless you are at a stand still in the day. Also my app never connects consistently so I have to pull the sd card out to get the video off. Edit: OMG just looked it up I payed the same price! NO!!!
Automotive lighting Electricity Gas Automotive mirror Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt Mode of transport Fixture

Sky Vehicle Car Cloud Motor vehicle

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not saying the fitcamx was bad, just that other than the install looking factory, the rest of it was low end and should be factored into the decision.
Absolutely agree @dianebrat I think everyone has different checklists, and the beauty of this forum is we get to share our experiences which hopefully helps others in their decisions.
When I started looking for a cam, I was clicks away from getting one of the Nexar since they were having a BlackFriday sale. The BlackVue popped up as I did my research, but was a little over what I was willing to pay. The FitcamX ended up running me just over $150 for everything (@RayJ-HT hopefully that doesn't get you more upset :oops::LOL:), and other than the slow download, checked off everything on my list.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Took out the factory puddle lights and installed Alfa Romeo logo lights in all four doors. Wife (her vehicle) loves them...:love: Also got her a logo blanket and the factory 64" golf umbrella. She still wants a pillow. Really would like to find a pillow like the Ferrari and Porsche pillows we have they are in the shape of the cars. Anyone know of an Alfa shaped pillow?

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
356 Posts
Installed the same Alfa logos in the doors, LED strip in the grill, paddle shifters(mechanical install only) and replaced the start button with a red one.
The original door lights were super hot, I'm glad that I have replaced them.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
356 Posts
Yesterday I have got to the SGW, after 4 breaks. Eventually I have removed a nut on the left side and ripped it off.
Now I have good access to it. I wouldn't even need the second pair of harness.
Man, this thing it was the hardest thing that I have ever done on any car.
It was even harder, then when I have removed and reinstalled the engine, in my '89 Volvo 760T, back in the day.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts