Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been debating buying a new or low mileage Stelvio. We have been looking for an SUV since late 2018, and have finally narrowed our search to Stromboli Grey TI Sport w/pano roof, heated seats, etc. My question to you all is: What kind of discounts off MSRP did you receive when buying new? I have read up to $8,500 off new vehicles. I want to go into the dealer with a price in mind, but want it to be realistic.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You should be able to get closer to 10k off depending on your market. A few claim 15k off a 19, but that is more often seen on leftover 18's.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got 13.7K off my 2018 Stelvio Ti. Mine had a bunch of extra add-on putting at just under $50K.

In addition to this (and probably what closed the deal) was $1000 over book on a '13 Acadia

that need $2000 worth of work plus new tires. Handing that over for the Stelvio was a no-brainer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got 13.7K off my 2018 Stelvio Ti. Mine had a bunch of extra add-on putting at just under $50K.

In addition to this (and probably what closed the deal) was $1000 over book on a '13 Acadia

that need $2000 worth of work plus new tires. Handing that over for the Stelvio was a no-brainer.
That is a good deal.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bought a 2018 TI Sport with 11,400 miles

that had a sticker of 52k, for 34,400. It does not have Carplay, but has the sport seats, navigation I do not use, all the safety features and some other features, and Rosso Compenzione Red upgraded paint, here in West Central Florida. I bought it in April. Have had no issues with it, thank goodness. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This summer, I got a 2019 TI Sport (with nero package) for $39k and change, which included a financing incentive of about $4k. So that was about $15k off 2019 sticker price. But I wasn't able to score any little tidbits like fancy mats or anything.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A little over a year ago -- over $11K off Ti Sport w Rosso Comp and all the bells and whistles.Nearly $54K, ended up at $42K

$10K should be well within the wheelhouse.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Just remember, the more we lowball on the front end, the more we get hurt on the trade in.....Hope all you folks plan on keeping the vehicle for at least 5 years!!! I should intend to!!! Hate calling it an SUV: its one of the best vehicles I have ever owned!!! and my list tells you I have had some pretty sweet toys.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My car has a sticker of $56k, I paid about $47k.

Just remember, the more we lowball on the front end, the more we get hurt on the trade in.....Hope all you folks plan on keeping the vehicle for at least 5 years!!! I should intend to!!! Hate calling it an SUV: its one of the best vehicles I have ever owned!!! and my list tells you I have had some pretty sweet toys.

Seriously, I see the heat of cars you own, the stelvio reminds me of my old E90 330i with sport package. I know the Stelvio has electronic steering, but it reminds me of the old school rack and pin steering of my E90 330i. Very precise.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I pretty much bought one with the same MSRP and discount as @LIStelvio516. Of course, as @ViscontiVerde 164L* stated, this state of affairs, although great to get these discounts (and deeper ones) is not good for the long term health of the brand. I seem to remember elsewhere in the forum a comment that around the DC area dealers were 'only' giving $5K discounts. It is possible that many of the dealership closing simply could not keep up with the left over margins. But hey, competition will make you do whatever to survive. I imagine prices will stabilize once the quality issues diminish and people just 'have to have' an AR.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
It takes time for the word on the street to get around. I spent the day at Lime Rock yesterday instructing in a 2018 Guilia quad in the rain. What an amazing car!!!!! very poised in the rain. Ride is scary good for this level of performance!! The germans should be VERY worried. This blows away ANY BMW I've been in over the past decade....ANY!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Especially in the rain I expect you were in dynamic mode.
Most say that except for the very experienced, its preferable for track days over race mode, unless ones goal is simply to properly experience race mode. Without q4 the gq can get pretty .... entertaining.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Missed that lost. No I actually had my guy back in N mode because he was a pedal stabbner. He needed to learn how to modulate throttle instead of being on/off. He will be out with me next year. Now he is ready to modulate in D mode. All these Sport/ode/ race etc modes lead to the same thing in the unexperienced. Throttle is used as an on/off switch not a dimmer. Just like having too stiff a suspension before you are ready to control it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Throttle, brake, steering.

None of them are on-off switches......all the electronic nannies take away from this. Love that even with them the Stelvio (especially the base with it's more compliant suspension), and all Alfas really allow the driver to still enjoy the old school pleasures.

For price, remember different area are different. Always best to get quotes from multiple dealers, I do it over the phone.

·
Registered
131 Posts

I've only seen my $13.7K discount beat by one other dealer (and only by a few hundred dollars).
Autobarn in Evanston IL was easy to work with. I can't speak to their service dept, but someone
put a new Mopar battery in my '18 Stelvio Ti along the way. Last I looked a few weeks ago they
had a couple of new (no miles) '18's on the lot but discount was only $10K.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
between ABS and Traction/Yaw/stability control, and maybe the influence of vid games(?) maybe people now tend to just rely on the vehicle to modulate for them - to some extent anyway.
maybe that explains the attraction of gopedals, I don't know.
I do know a fair number of people get caught off guard the first time they stand on the gas pedal of a giulia quad in Race mode. stuff happens.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've only seen my $13.7K discount beat by one other dealer (and only by a few hundred dollars).
Autobarn in Evanston IL was easy to work with. I can't speak to their service dept, but someone
put a new Mopar battery in my '18 Stelvio Ti along the way. Last I looked a few weeks ago they
had a couple of new (no miles) '18's on the lot but discount was only $10K.
There is a dealership here in Los Angeles that still has 18's and they are advertising discounts anywhere from $14.4k - $16.4k

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport. Premium everything. Vesuvio Grey with Red interior
22 Posts
I realize I'm late to this thread but I was waiting for FCA to begin their CPO program. So, on Dec 31, I got my 2018 Ti Sport, 20k miles, fully loaded, I mean every option available, Vesuvio grey with red interior, and a spare wheel, for 30k. I did not offer a trade-in as I knew I could do better selling my high mileage 2013 BMW privately. I was in no rush to sell. I made 3k over trade in value, selling that car on CL.

I clay bar'ed the car and put on a ceramic coating first thing. I have added 4 mudflaps, rubber floor mats, a hardwired fuzzbuster, Black Thule Aerobar crossbars with a red Rockymounts bike rack, Carbon Scudetto, Red Start button and most recently the EC+ Stage 1 tune and a QV rear sway bar (looking hard for a front to match). I also just ordered Nero lettering from Alfisti. Still on my todo: EC v2 CAI, Catback performance exhaust, better window tint (adding front side tint and making rear tint darker), Nero skid plate, tow bar, Black 20" QV wheels, body colored plastic along the bottom and wheel wells. Upgrading my tune to mimic @ViscontiVerde 164L*

I think that completes my list. So for under 40k I will end up with a daily driver that is as close to a Quadrifoglio as I can get without actually buying one, set up exactly as I want it and it has a factory warranty for 80k miles. And one day I might even get to a track. That will be an interesting experience as I have only driven Bimmers and motorcycles around tracks (except once a Nascar Chevy). This is my very first SUV and so far I am loving the driving while getting used to owning a (gasp!) SUV. I never liked SUVs, preferring a wagon if I needed the space. I guess being a European has made me biased. The Stelvio doesn't feel like an SUV though so i do feel better about it with this car.

These forums have helped a lot in deciding on the car and the upgrades. Following @ViscontiVerde 164L* has been enlightening as well. ;)(y)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I realize I'm late to this thread but I was waiting for FCA to begin their CPO program. So, on Dec 31, I got my 2018 Ti Sport, 20k miles, fully loaded, I mean every option available, Vesuvio grey with red interior, and a spare wheel, for 30k.
That's great ! Nice to see AR has the CPO program going. Excellent way to buy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts