Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a busy day and a half making little tweaks to my favorite SUV. First I ordered an OEM red keyfob cover, It said it came in factory matched paint, which was almost true as it came in the metallic compotitione (sp?) red not the standard red, but that's ok.

It came in a nice box
Text Material property
inside it was nicely packaged
Red Ring Material property Fashion accessory Jewellery
Installed
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Subcompact car City car

Next I installed the silver shifter boot cover (the cover for the climate controls still hasn't arrived)
Gear shift Center console Vehicle Car Auto part

I also received my red center console tray
Vehicle Car Trunk Mat Floor
Vehicle Car Auto part Center console Technology

Now for the most exciting part, OEM PROJECTOR LIGHTS!
Automotive exterior Sky Vehicle door Bumper Material property
Tints and shades

The lights installed easy, except for one little problem. They are wired for the plug to have opposite polarity to the stock lights. Since the plug can only be inserted one way, This can be solved either by cutting the plug off and reconnecting it backwards, or modifying the new lights to allow the plug to get inserted upside down.

I had to disassemble the lights to effectively make the modification, but that only took a screwdriver and a few seconds of time. Once disassembled I was able to cut a piece of the top of the receiving connector off to make room for the plug to get inserted, and made a notch on the bottom to even allow the plug to lock in place. It took about an hour to determine how to do everything, but only about 5 minutes to make the modification.
New projector light (Left) with upside down plug fitting, correct orientation on factory light (Right)
Electronic component

Cut away top of new light and notched bottom visible next to old fitting.
Automotive lighting

And finally, I put this one in it's own thread as I had a feeling it would have a life of it's own (and I've maxed out the photo limit on this post), but check out the software update thread.
http://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/2...vio-today/4225-software-update.html#post40697

Registered
very nice!!

I've had a busy day and a half making little tweaks to my favorite SUV. First I ordered an OEM red keyfob cover, It said it came in factory matched paint, which was almost true as it came in the metallic compotitione (sp?) red not the standard red, but that's ok.

It came in a nice box
View attachment 3897
inside it was nicely packaged
View attachment 3881
Installed
View attachment 3865

Next I installed the silver shifter boot cover (the cover for the climate controls still hasn't arrived)
View attachment 3905

I also received my red center console tray
View attachment 3921
View attachment 3913

Now for the most exciting part, OEM PROJECTOR LIGHTS!
View attachment 3929
View attachment 3961

The lights installed easy, except for one little problem. They are wired for the plug to have opposite polarity to the stock lights. Since the plug can only be inserted one way, This can be solved either by cutting the plug off and reconnecting it backwards, or modifying the new lights to allow the plug to get inserted upside down.

I had to disassemble the lights to effectively make the modification, but that only took a screwdriver and a few seconds of time. Once disassembled I was able to cut a piece of the top of the receiving connector off to make room for the plug to get inserted, and made a notch on the bottom to even allow the plug to lock in place. It took about an hour to determine how to do everything, but only about 5 minutes to make the modification.
New projector light (Left) with upside down plug fitting, correct orientation on factory light (Right)
View attachment 3953

Cut away top of new light and notched bottom visible next to old fitting.
View attachment 3945

And finally, I put this one in it's own thread as I had a feeling it would have a life of it's own (and I've maxed out the photo limit on this post), but check out the software update thread.
http://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/2...vio-today/4225-software-update.html#post40697

Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
Dang! Impressive. Thanks for sharing + very helpful.

Registered
Nice, I want to do the projector lights. Did you get all of the parts from one place or different places?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, I want to do the projector lights. Did you get all of the parts from one place or different places?
Key cover and projector lights are from Mopar parts store online, the link is somewhere in this forum already, possibly in the small things with pictures thread if I recall. The center console tray and shifter bezel are also linked in that thread.

Registered
Key cover and projector lights are from Mopar parts store online, the link is somewhere in this forum already, possibly in the small things with pictures thread if I recall. The center console tray and shifter bezel are also linked in that thread.
Thanks, appreciate it

Registered
Looks good Saildrive.
I ordered the console tray when everyone else did but I don't expect mine for another month. Thanks Canada Post!

Were those projector lights the ones listed for the Giulia?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good Saildrive.
I ordered the console tray when everyone else did but I don't expect mine for another month. Thanks Canada Post!

Were those projector lights the ones listed for the Giulia?
I actually ordered my red one a day or two before I posted the original link to the red one, so you should be seeing yours arrive soon.

Yes they are the projector lights for the Giuila, and they physically mount and install in the door the exact same, the only difference being the plug is wired backwards + and - hence the xacto knife modification to the receiver (didn't want to alter the actual wiring).

It has occurred to me that the very very clear Left and Right labels on the lights may mean something different in Italian, and it's possible the doors themselves are wired for different polarity left and right, and swapping them side to side would have solved the issue, but I didn't think of that until the today, and they are already installed and working perfectly.

Registered
I actually ordered my red one a day or two before I posted the original link to the red one, so you should be seeing yours arrive soon.
Well I'm kind of putting the cart before the horse, I don't actually get my Stelvio delivery for a few more months lol.

Interesting thoughts about the polarity for the next person to install to check out.

Registered
Saildrive!

Man, you got some huevos.
Fantastic modifications esp with the projector lights.

5 STARS!

Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
Well I'm kind of putting the cart before the horse, I don't actually get my Stelvio delivery for a few more months lol.
I think they call it preparing your layette while your Stelvio is en-utero at Cassino! Sometimes anticipation is part of the pleasure- like the aroma of a steak on the grill or bacon in the morning...

Reactions: CalgaryStelvio

Registered
https://parts.moparonlineparts.com

These parts are for Stelvio in USA

Floor Mats have the Stelvio Name.
Set of 4 Rubber Mats 68379777AA.
Door Projection Lights 68353798AA
Put the part number in the search window in the link above.
The Cargo Rubber Mat is not yet available
I got the Stelvio mats a few days ago. They feel and look great. My only gripe was with the front passenger mat which is half the size of the original carpet mat. I had to put the all weather mat over the passenger mat or else the fuse box would be exposed. Other than that they are great.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts