Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
443 Posts
Integrates perfectly with the exterior color,black wheels and trim. I think it makes the Stelvio look lower and more sleek

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
443 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much input/ choice does your daughter have on the decision?
Well, she really loves the Stelvio, but I think she thinks that is off the table, so she's been looking at Mercedes GLCs. She really likes the red and white stelvios with red interior, and Apple Car Play is a requirement. So, it may seem like there would be a ton of choices for 2018-19 stelvios, when you narrow them down to white or red with red interior, sunroof, apple car play, decent miles, it quickly turns into a Unicorn. If I open things up to red exterior/black interior, there are but a few more cars. I am thinking I could offset the black interior with a bright red, quilted pattern floor mat.

I am hoping that the right car comes along in May at a Alfa dealership in DFW or Denver, I can make a deal, and then surprise her with a flight to go and get it, along around May 20-ish.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi, Bought my black one with the red stripe from the same dealer (am local) its too boy-racer for me but i'm a grown-ass-man. Have not taken the stripe off but plan to, however I must say its growing on me. If you are looking seriously at that particular car from Flemings i can say it was a really good experience. They know Stelvios and have sold maybe a half a dozen Gulias and stelvios from there and know another buyer of the white one (also with a stripe, black).
FYI all my law enforcement buddies are saying i'm asking to get pulled over.
PM me if you want more insight into the dealer or the car. I've seen that car in person and can attest to it thats its in great shape. they are good about getting most of the recalls and updates in place.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, Bought my black one with the red stripe from the same dealer (am local) its too boy-racer for me but i'm a grown-ass-man. Have not taken the stripe off but plan to, however I must say its growing on me. If you are looking seriously at that particular car from Flemings i can say it was a really good experience. They know Stelvios and have sold maybe a half a dozen Gulias and stelvios from there and know another buyer of the white one (also with a stripe, black).
FYI all my law enforcement buddies are saying i'm asking to get pulled over.
PM me if you want more insight into the dealer or the car. I've seen that car in person and can attest to it thats its in great shape. they are good about getting most of the recalls and updates in place. View attachment 21579
I inquired about their car but they are several $ thousand above market for the one I was asking about. Did they negotiate with you on the price at all? I'm good with an extra grand or two to get the right car, but not $4-5K.

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
443 Posts
BTW they were discounting the leftover 2020 models for close to 20% 0ff MSRP. I got $10k off a $51k Stelvio ti

·
Registered
117 Posts
They worked with me a bit and gave me a great price on a trade so it worked itself out in the end. I know they've had the car for a while but they do not budge much. They get some really cool cars from time to time and have a guy in europe the scouts for grey market cars all the time, They bring in fiats, minis and have a awsome lancia fulvia thats insane 1966 Lancia Fulvia

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One more thing, I'm not really going to be looking to buy for another probably 40 days - I have nowhere to hide the car that long. ;)

Now if the perfect car comes along, I'll strike.

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
443 Posts
That being the case, IMHO,you might be foolish to buy a used AR. You just cant expect it to be reliable.especially if your daughter is away at school. Perhaps a lease with a buy out at the end would work?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That being the case, IMHO,you might be foolish to buy a used AR. You just cant expect it to be reliable.especially if your daughter is away at school. Perhaps a lease with a buy out at the end would work?
I would hope that a 20,000-30,000 mile car would still be reliable for a good bit yet. I have discussed the car at length with an alfa service manager. He said the vast majority of problems were early software issues with the 18s, and those have been addressed long-since. He did say that there was a recall for an O-ring issue that has also been addressed. Other than that, he said the cars have been rock-solid.

We have friends with a 2018 with 55XXX miles and they have never had a single issue with their car.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
250 Posts
If you are looking used, search car gurus.
I found several options I liked, narrowed it down to the one I wanted. I bought it and had it shipped from dealer in Michigan to my location in Denver.
Some early build 2018 Stelvio do not have Apple car play or the availability to add it without aftermarket modifications.
I dig the stripe, it reminds me of the molding on my 79 spider

1 - 20 of 33 Posts