Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wouldn't count on that. My local Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer won't even do an oil change on my Stelvio.
These are so easy to work on just like any other auto . Drain plug on the bottom of the pan , filter right next to it ., What would help Alfa is to promote this instead of trying to gauge the buyers as if it was a 737 jet , I mean come on it is just an SUV . They need to stop the BS make it user friendly and more people would be comfortable buying one , Come on 190 bucks for oil and a filter , give me break . Speaking of breaks any idiot can replace these breaks so easy spread the word

45 Posts
This may be a dumb question... What happens to warranties, service support, parts supply chain, etc. not to mention resale value if AR leaves the US again? What do we think the probability of this happening is anyway?
Don't worry, they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

When they left in 1995, things were just fine, parts are no problem. In-fact to this day 70% of the parts are still available but dropping now quickly. From 1995 to 2016, I have sold nothing but parts for old Alfa's. Until a few years ago we have ARDONA (Alfa Romeo Distributors of North America) warehouse to pull from. They shut down maybe 3 years ago. I bought a lot of the remaining stock. I also pull all parts from Italy.

So regardless, there will be parts as there will be cars in the EU and ROW. I will supply the parts regardless. Dealers, at least the original old ones may still be around to service the cars but also plenty of indy's will too. All the service guys at alfa will end up starting their own business.

Nothing to worry about. It was just fine after they left, we just did not get any new cars.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Alfa Romeo is a division of FCA, so unless FCA goes under AR customers will be OK. We had a SAAB when they went completely out of business. Since ours pre-dated GM selling SAAB, they still honored the warranty and completed recall repairs. That is with even GM having gone under.

Also, the Jeep Wrangler has as an option for 2020 an almost identical 2.0l turbo engine. Early installs actually from Italy, now made in US. So parts are going to be around and repair know how. Next Grand Cherokee will be build off the platform. I'm guessing they will use a lot of the Stelvio under the skin. Why reinvent, the Stelvio is excellent.

We Just had our Stelvio hit while on a trip. (last weekend) Back end damage, nothing structural. Duct taped it up and drove home from Chicago to Cleveland. (NASCAR Skills). No issues, love this car. Anyway, repair shop found all the parts needed through our local dealers. In stock. Dropping off for repair in a few days. Just as fast of a process and if it was a Jeep. Did I say I love this thing !

·
Registered
504 Posts
Come on 190 bucks for oil and a filter , give me break.
I wish it was "only" $190 for an oil and filter change. In Los Angeles it's anywhere from $250-$371. It's crazy. My Lexus (required synthetic and everything) was only $125 and I even got a free loaner for the day so I didn't have to wait for it to be done. I don't understand where Alfa get's off thinking they can charge those rates.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Is there a reason you dont just take it to the same place?

Most car dealers will do maintenance on any brand. It can be different in SoCal where dealers are generally lazier than the rest of the county due to the size of the auto market here, but that isn't Alfa's fault....
I'm talking specifically from a dealer service center pricing. Maybe I could take it to the actual Lexus dealer service center but I'd feel odd doing that if they would allow it. I just find it crazy Alfa charges such a premium compared to other brands for standard services and none of the other FCA dealers around me will touch the vehicle.

FYI, I am taking it to an independent shop for the oil change which is too bad for Alfa.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yea the pricing what some dealers are charging is absolutely absurd. Besides the first free one, I'll be doing them all myself. Not getting bent over like that.

·
Registered
504 Posts
@sweetness34, you might try calling f&m on pico, just west of 405.
Independent ferrari/maserati shop
Not that you need that for an oil change, but a relationship for the future
Thank you! This may come in handy if I decide to stick all this out and take my chances on a 2020 in a few months. Too many issues with my current early build 2018 to keep it but I know that's not the norm.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts