Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
instead of super as recomended?? To the Stelvio’s engine I mean...is it just a difference of how the car handles or it will cause a damage in the long run?? Has anyone done this to their baby? I am freaking out because my hb just filled it up with a cheapest gas...

·
Read Only
849 Posts
When the detonation sensors start to detect that engine can run outsite standards immediately send a burst of informations to ecu ptu ecc.... “recalibrate protocols and calibrations for low octane petrol”

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
No worries just don't push the engine or run it hard- I do it occasionally in my wife's A4 (price gouging for 93 octane fries my buns) and no harm, burned valves, etc. And she is a careful driver. Maybe notice a little reduced power. Resume premium octane next tank and zoom on!

Reactions: Pizzaracer

·
Registered
763 Posts
instead of super as recomended?? To the Stelvio’s engine I mean...is it just a difference of how the car handles or it will cause a damage in the long run?? Has anyone done this to their baby? I am freaking out because my hb just filled it up with a cheapest gas...
My owners manual states you can use regular gas, but recommends 91^ octane for better performance. Like others have stated, it will not hurt under normal driving.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries just don't push the engine or run it hard- I do it occasionally in my wife's A4 (price gouging for 93 octane fries my buns) and no harm, burned valves, etc. And she is a careful driver. Maybe notice a little reduced power. Resume premium octane next tank and zoom on!
Thank you! that makes me feel better...I am also a careful driver hopefully won’t notice a difference ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When the detonation sensors start to detect that engine can run outsite standards immediately send a burst of informations to ecu ptu ecc.... “recalibrate protocols and calibrations for low octane petrol”
Thanks, for freaking me out more, Marzio!! lmao

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My owners manual states you can use regular gas, but recommends 91^ octane for better performance. Like others have stated, it will not hurt under normal driving.
I appreciate the reassurance! I was really upset earlier

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I think Marzio's post was likely meant to translate to - don't worry about it, the engine sensors detect what all operating conditions and immediately adjust accordingly.

it doesn't matter how you drive, you simply have slightly less performance which you aren't likely to notice unless you normally really push your car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Marzio's post was likely meant to translate to - don't worry about it, the engine sensors detect what all operating conditions and immediately adjust accordingly.

it doesn't matter how you drive, you simply have slightly less performance which you aren't likely to notice unless you normally really push your car.
Yeah u right, Marzio got too technical and I couldn’t “read between the lines” in panic...I have driven the car since and didn’t notice any significant diff.

Thank u everyone for your help and helping me ease up a bit...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Locally the difference between the price of Regular and Premium is about $0.29

If you use up all the 16.9 gallons in the tank you are looking at a difference of less than $5.00 per fill up. Is it really worth it to not use Premium?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Locally the difference between the price of Regular and Premium is about $0.29

If you use up all the 16.9 gallons in the tank you are looking at a difference of less than $5.00 per fill up. Is it really worth it to not use Premium?
Right, same philosophy here except gas went up .49c difference per gallon where I am at and hb decided to be frugal...Let’s c if regular gas lasts just as long to justify his action

1 - 12 of 12 Posts