Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did read the posting on the conductivity of the Stelvio infortainment center/iPhone and did not see what I have found so far trying different ways. I have a iPhone X/10 with the latest software update and per the dealer I have the latest update to the infortainment center. If this info it already posted, I apologize.

All of what I tried is with the car in the run position or actually running, not accessory. Also on the iPhone, go to settings, bluetooth, click on the 'i' info next to the alfa connect and activate Show Notifications.

When connecting my iPhone using bluetooth to the infotainment center/speakers/controls:
1> Make and receive calls
2> Listen to music
3> Notice of text messages, can listen to the message, with some canned responses - I can not use the canned messages as it states something about my iPhone can not process the request. I know there is not anything wrong with my iPhone.
4> Volume control on steering wheel works fine, along with other controls
5> Pretty much all functions one should be able to use, except the below.
6> Can not send my own text messages, not even by stating "hey siri". siri will activate, but for some reason when stating what you want done, siri states it can not hear you - and that response is in writing not voice. I did check to make sure the iPhone and infotainment center volume controls were set correctly.

When I turn off bluetooth on the iPhone and plug my phone into the usb port, the infotainment center keeps the access to media, but disconnects the access to the iPhone:
1> I can still use the control for the media functions, streaming music from the phone, going to a radio station, volume controls, etc.
2> I can say "hey siri" and I get a voice response from the phone and can fully use the siri functions from the phone, not from the Stelvio infotainment center/speakers.
2> iPhone functions are only from the iPhone speaker.
3> Pretty much as one would use the iPhone normally.

I have not tried to see if I could put the call on hold, activate bluetooth and transferring the call to the infotainment center. I know it takes a few seconds to activate the link from the iPhone to the infotainment center normally. I do not know if that process can be started using voice commands only to the iPhone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alfa says Stelvio and Giulia not compatible with iPX

According to a master tech and STAR engineering all Alfa vehicles manufactured before December 11th, 2017 are only compatible with iPhones up to the iPhone 6s running up to iOS 9.X regardless of connection method (USB or BT)

They claim it’s Apple’s fault which is complete and utter bull. I’m in IT and we develop apps for our customers and we get the same SDK and dev builds that Alfa gets.

Unacceptable to say a 2018 model year vehicle can only use phones from 2016 with an OS from 2016 as well.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to a master tech and STAR engineering all Alfa vehicles manufactured before December 11th, 2017 are only compatible with iPhones up to the iPhone 6s running up to iOS 9.X regardless of connection method (USB or BT)

They claim it’s Apple’s fault which is complete and utter bull. I’m in IT and we develop apps for our customers and we get the same SDK and dev builds that Alfa gets.

Unacceptable to say a 2018 model year vehicle can only use phones from 2016 with an OS from 2016 as well.
If they keep pointing fingers at someone else for their mistakes with the infotainment center, it will be like it was in early to mid 1990, their sales will be nothing and pull out from the US, again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If they keep pointing fingers at someone else for their mistakes with the infotainment center, it will be like it was in early to mid 1990, their sales will be nothing and pull out from the US, again.
But then we will have rare and exotic cars with mediocre infotainment systems. :grin

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have an iphone XR and this is the exact same experience I have. I am surprised this has not been addressed with software updates. All these features work on our 2014 Dodge Durango including Siri integration. ( also an FCA product ). Question to Android users. Does the SMS reply function work for them ?

·
Registered
508 Posts
A lot of us have been complaining about this horrible infotainment system from day one. Its mind boggling how AR can not use other systems in the FCA to fix this thing. A Chinese company has come out with a plug n play replacement for this junk with a bigger screen and a better resolution, but for some reason people inside AR are incapable of fixing it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Alfa-R...GPS-Radio-Navigation-NAVI-10-25-/273627805496

1 - 7 of 7 Posts