Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Like...

1. That it feels like driving a sports car, and not an SUV.
2. The dials for the Infotainment center and there is no touch screen. One less place for finger prints. Wasn't sure it would bother me at first. But now while I'm cruising, I really don't have to take my arm of the arm rest to change things now.
3. The Chocolate leather seats.
4. The Harmon/Kardon premium sound system. My last car came with a Hardly/Kall-it a Sound System.
5. That I really don't mind that it doesn't have paddle shifters. I never really used them in previous cars. I actually like manually shifting with the gear selector in manual.
6. That I don't care about the small backup camera. I've been able to back up without a camera for a long time now, using those 3 old school reflective devices they put on cars. Dad always said, 'Backup till you hear glass'.
7. The perfect cup holder location. I don't have to dislocate my shoulder now because the cup holder is set too far back in the center console
8. That I don't mind the overall small Infotainment screen. I use it mostly to manage what I am listening to anyway.

I Hate...

1. That I cant use it as my home office and sit in it all day. Just no place for my dual 20" Computer monitors
2. That I have to invent errands to go on just to drive it. (Though my wife already thinks I'm going overboard)
3. The pandemic, and that I don't currently have a commute so I can drive it more.
4. That I have to put a front license plate on.

I Worry about...

1. About the possible higher maintenance costs I might have gotten myself into. Though I did trade in a Range Rover Evoque that I had for barely 2 months. So if there is a financial lesson to learn, I didn't.
2. If the 20" All-weather tires, refers to All-weather in Florida.
3. That my water bill will go up from washing it too much.
4. Getting a speeding ticket.

I Wonder...

1. Why they didn't put something to the left of the USB port on the console
2. Why the previous owner had the Driver and Passenger windows tinted. Where they drug dealers? Almost like wearing sun glasses at night.
3. If I am going to get a speeding ticket.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
76 Posts
Couple comments:
1. I always used the paddles on my previous 4C but just do not like using them on the Stelvio. And the auto works so well.
2. If you haven't already done so, adjusting the audio balence so it is centered on the rear seats makes a huge difference.
3. I am also pleased with the electronics as i have zero interest in gadgets. I just want driving enjoyment.

Also good to see positive posts like yours as there are many happy Alfa owners and we need to be heard too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip on the audio. I had it centered between the front and the back. I will give your idea a try.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a Ti and while paddle shifters would be nice I have learned how to manual shift well with the stick. Gotta stick my arm in that direction to drive my old Alfa anyway.

Reactions: Shark71

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Your complaints and mine are almost the same!!!

Dont worry about the weather. All the complaints about Alfas, not one person complaining the AWD got them stuck. None. Not even the Quad drivers with summer tires all year. Drive appropriately for conditions, you'll be fine.

....I've gotten 2 tickets.....so...ya know...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I tinted my front door windows as well. Mine were done with a ceramic tint (along with the sun roof and a sunshade strip across the top of front windshield) mainly for heat reduction.

It made a huge difference in comfort over the summer.
Plus it does give some privacy and looks so much better!

I did get 2 tickets...
One that the officer dropped from speeding to Failure to wear seatbelt.
(I had taken my seat belt off to grab my wallet and license after I had stopped, but it was cheaper than the speeding ticket would have been and 0 pts, so no complaints from me.
And another for failure to display a front license plate.. But come on... Can you really blame me?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the Driver and passenger tinted windows actually do look great on the car. Though I'm feeling like the are obscuring my vision a bit at night.

IMG_0476.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree, tinted windows make them look so much better and putting a front plate on a beauty like this is a sin. Tinted the windows and had xpel protection put on the week I got it.
Got my first ticket for the tinted front windows and no front plate in the first 6 months from a State Trooper then a 50mph in a 25 ticket in a small town speed trap about 3 months after that, I avoid that town for a reason but had to go through there that day but that local officer didn't mention the tint or missing front plate. Ohio dropped the front plate requirement in July so that's not a issue any more.

InGarage.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm 99.9% sure NJ will never drop the front plate requirement. We still don't have self-service gas stations.

·
Registered
55 Posts
IME a legal 35% tint does not effect night vision much at all, but different folks see things differently. It does however reduce internal heating in daylight while driving in a state which has seen over 140 days of 100*+ weather this year. I agree that anyone using 20% or 10% tint is....foolish. YMMV.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had my 2019 Stelvio for 3 weeks now and absolutely LOVE it!
1. It handles like a go cart.
2. The red interior is gorgeous!
3. Great power from the turbo 4 cylinder engine, it wants to go, and still does good on gas. The engine feels every bit as responsive as the 3.0L turbo 6 cylinder engine in my old BMW 335ix that I traded for the Stelvio!
4. The transmission works great, shifts are quick when using paddle shifters, and in automatic it works great.

Couple things that do bother me:
1. Not enough 12v outlets.
2. The 12v outlet I plug my radar detector in blocks the passenger drink holder.
3. I'm having a hard to getting used to the brake by wire. I just can't seem to come to a smooth (no head jerk) stop, never had this issue in any other cars.
4. Wish the radio station (or favorites list) would stay up all the time. It would make selecting a desired station easier.

Overall I am very happy with my car, and look for reasons to drive it. My first Alfa Romeo, and I'm impressed!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Other things I like...

1. It's not a Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, Jaguar, or a Porsche.
(Ok, I guess I really wouldn't mind a Porsche :))

2. It's the highest HP, most reasonably priced 2.0L Turbo in its class. (From what I have researched)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear fellow Stelvio lover,

I have never commented on a forum before, but your post was kind of the best thing I’ve read in a while (and I actually read a lot). I bought my 2019 Stelvio Ti Lusso in July and I’m still completely obsessed.

I have many similar feelings-how will those all weathers do in Colorado? Why did the drug dealers tint my windows so dark (but I like it)? I also find many reasons to now do errands or be okay with being stuck in traffic. I also searched for how much the fine was for not having a front plate in Colorado. I’ve also worked a carwash membership into my monthly budget. “Lusso” gets washed at least twice a week.

My new pastime is sitting in said Stelvio in the garage while drinking Prosecco, sniffing Italian leather, and shopping for Italian shoes online. My husband thinks I’m slightly crazy, but is excited for my passion about the car. I actually feel a little bad for him. For our midlife crisis he got a 3 series wagon at about the same time I got the Stelvio. He’s having another stable marriage while I’m having a hot Italian love affair which might end in passionate disaster. I used to have a Saab 900 turbo so interesting disaster wouldn’t be completely unknown for me...He’s slightly jealous and weirded out by my love of my car. But don’t feel bad for him because his other car is a 996 C4S.

Also, I hope you get to bring your Stelvio in for recall work. Our Alfa dealership is also the local Maserati, Lamborghini, and McLaren dealership which is awesome when you have to go hang out there for a couple of hours.

As a final note. I don’t trust those Alfa drivers who don’t wave back to you with incredible enthusiasm. Enjoy the car. I absolutely love my Stelvio and can’t wait until I upgrade to a Quadrifoglio.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about that urge to listen to Pavarotti on the stereo when you are driving it. 😀
(Actually only did that once, because it just felt appropriate)

Reactions: SALT9000

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dear fellow Stelvio lover,

I have never commented on a forum before, but your post was kind of the best thing I’ve read in a while (and I actually read a lot). I bought my 2019 Stelvio Ti Lusso in July and I’m still completely obsessed.

I have many similar feelings-how will those all weathers do in Colorado? Why did the drug dealers tint my windows so dark (but I like it)? I also find many reasons to now do errands or be okay with being stuck in traffic. I also searched for how much the fine was for not having a front plate in Colorado. I’ve also worked a carwash membership into my monthly budget. “Lusso” gets washed at least twice a week.

My new pastime is sitting in said Stelvio in the garage while drinking Prosecco, sniffing Italian leather, and shopping for Italian shoes online. My husband thinks I’m slightly crazy, but is excited for my passion about the car. I actually feel a little bad for him. For our midlife crisis he got a 3 series wagon at about the same time I got the Stelvio. He’s having another stable marriage while I’m having a hot Italian love affair which might end in passionate disaster. I used to have a Saab 900 turbo so interesting disaster wouldn’t be completely unknown for me...He’s slightly jealous and weirded out by my love of my car. But don’t feel bad for him because his other car is a 996 C4S.

Also, I hope you get to bring your Stelvio in for recall work. Our Alfa dealership is also the local Maserati, Lamborghini, and McLaren dealership which is awesome when you have to go hang out there for a couple of hours.

As a final note. I don’t trust those Alfa drivers who don’t wave back to you with incredible enthusiasm. Enjoy the car. I absolutely love my Stelvio and can’t wait until I upgrade to a Quadrifoglio.
View attachment 20203 View attachment 20204
Love those beautiful Italian interiors!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another ‘Like’....

I’ve must of seen 2 or 3 dozen reviews about the Stelvio, after I bought mine, and just about all of them indicate that the interior and dash are somewhat lackluster compared to the competition. As if the a flashy console with a lot of buttons and tech should be the standard.

I like...the overall simplicity in the console. It’s nice and clean, and you aren’t hunting for the right button to push. Simple yet sophisticated. Though I am going to have to find something to put to the left of the USB port. 😀.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I Like...

1. That it feels like driving a sports car, and not an SUV.
2. The dials for the Infotainment center and there is no touch screen. One less place for finger prints. Wasn't sure it would bother me at first. But now while I'm cruising, I really don't have to take my arm of the arm rest to change things now.
3. The Chocolate leather seats.
4. The Harmon/Kardon premium sound system. My last car came with a Hardly/Kall-it a Sound System.
5. That I really don't mind that it doesn't have paddle shifters. I never really used them in previous cars. I actually like manually shifting with the gear selector in manual.
6. That I don't care about the small backup camera. I've been able to back up without a camera for a long time now, using those 3 old school reflective devices they put on cars. Dad always said, 'Backup till you hear glass'.
7. The perfect cup holder location. I don't have to dislocate my shoulder now because the cup holder is set too far back in the center console
8. That I don't mind the overall small Infotainment screen. I use it mostly to manage what I am listening to anyway.

I Hate...

1. That I cant use it as my home office and sit in it all day. Just no place for my dual 20" Computer monitors
2. That I have to invent errands to go on just to drive it. (Though my wife already thinks I'm going overboard)
3. The pandemic, and that I don't currently have a commute so I can drive it more.
4. That I have to put a front license plate on.

I Worry about...

1. About the possible higher maintenance costs I might have gotten myself into. Though I did trade in a Range Rover Evoque that I had for barely 2 months. So if there is a financial lesson to learn, I didn't.
2. If the 20" All-weather tires, refers to All-weather in Florida.
3. That my water bill will go up from washing it too much.
4. Getting a speeding ticket.

I Wonder...

1. Why they didn't put something to the left of the USB port on the console
2. Why the previous owner had the Driver and Passenger windows tinted. Where they drug dealers? Almost like wearing sun glasses at night.
3. If I am going to get a speeding ticket.
That's a fun post you put. Refreshing to have some humor, but you tricked me into reading it. Don't worry, be happy. At least your wife doesn't think you're going to see a girlfriend!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I did a lot of moving the past few days. Stelvio did a good job, it is just long and wide enough to hold six regular uhaul moving boxes side by side or four Long plastic crates, with a ton of stuff on top of that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How about that urge to listen to Pavarotti on the stereo when you are driving it. 😀
(Actually only did that once, because it just felt appropriate)
I prefer Maria Callas while driving. :sneaky:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts