Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Trailer hitch - many of us wished it.
2) I hope that 2 solid eyebrows on horizontal front grill goes away, instead all mash - that should look sportier.

·
Registered
139 Posts
> Higher quality feel of the dials and controls on the center console (drive mode, infotainment ‘knob’, volume & gear shifter)
> More head room in the panoramic roof version (at 6”6’ it’s a tight fit)
> P-sensors off when in P (should be a software update)
> Louder exhaust?

Other than that, pretty close to perfect!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Hitch and roof rails (coming soon to a dealer near you!). An owner's group or registry with great graphics, design, and real merchandising- modeled after Harley Davidson. Seriously- develop the brand into a lifestyle emotive experience.

·
Registered
55 Posts
> Higher quality feel of the dials and controls on the center console (drive mode, infotainment ‘knob’, volume & gear shifter)
> More head room in the panoramic roof version (at 6”6’ it’s a tight fit)
> P-sensors off when in P (should be a software update)
> Louder exhaust?.

FYI: I got my car two weeks ago. And the p-senors shut off when I put the car in park. My built date is 10/17. And I would like to see them get rid of the faux chrome tips in favor of tips that are integrated into the actual exhaust. Lexus has the worst example of fake exhaust tips, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Louder exhaust - Yes!
This is the only wish that is easily done after market.
The factory should offer a muffler delete option (name it as sport exhaust ).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That 350 hp could be a reality soon. Words around that there will be an electric motor assisted turbo (hybrid turbo) to make that happen .... we will see ....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess Mercedes Benz had the worst tail trim. It is just a chrome thing without even connect to the pipe. The actual pipe just downwards outlet behind it. Will this qualify for 0 emission :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
A more powerful engine choice between the base and the QV. Around 350hp that can keep up with the GLC 45 and Macan S will be nice.
Techauthority has had a 350hp engine listed for the Giulia for some time now, so likely we'll see this come out. Maybe as a 2019 model year for both the Giulia and Stelvio?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like the fact that the infotainment system is unique to the Stelvio. It would be good if they refine it and get rid of its glitches. They've been documented in many places on this forum. Of course, add APPLE and ANDROID Auto for those of us that were led to believe we'd have it. I have a Jeep with the highly regarded U-Connect system. It is great, but too cartoon like for the Stelvio (in may opinion). It glitched worse on a recent road trip than my Stelvio system ever has. I had no phone or radio for a 6 hour car ride. Nothings perfect - apparently!

Larger/Sharper back up camera image.

Need an intermittent mode for the rear wiper.

Settings for the seat and steering wheel heaters tied to the remote start.

·
Registered
26 Posts
* Wider stock wheels/tires.. Maybe even staggered.
* Unique Italian gear shifter
* The brake feel!
* A touch more steering feedback

All in all.. A great accomplishment on a new platform by Alfa.
They can tweak it from here.

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
I have it for my KeyOne BlackBerry device running Android Nougat w/enhancements. FYI

·
Registered
763 Posts
According to the manual there is already a visual indicator of phone charge
I should have worded it better. The infotainment center will show the battery charge, but you have to be in the phone screen. I would like to see the battery charge indicator next to the cell phone reception bars, so no matter which screen you are on, you can see the charge indicator.

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Small thing: Home Link garage door opener feature powered when vehicle is turned 'off' or power cut off possibly delayed and timed with the lighting circuit delay to permit raising/lowering the door with engine turned 'off'. Maybe this could be addressed in software.

My routine arriving home is pull in. Turn off vehicle. Lower garage door from vehicle. (modified sequence is now to lower the door and THEN turn off the vehicle)
My routine exiting home is Enter vehicle. Open garage door. Start vehicle. Exit. Close door. (modified now enter vehicle. Start vehicle. Open garage door.)

Capiche?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts