Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys! I am looking at various cat-back exhausts (with MUFFLER) and have watched all the videos on YouTube from the Remus, Magnaflow/Centerline Stradale, Ragazzon... I would like to know what your experience is w/the quality and best overall throaty aggressive sound. The Remus (race version) w/o the center section silencer seems like the most aggressive...
Thank You for your thoughts and incite!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Works for me! Nice deep idle. Never obnoxious. Top shelf build quality

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Remus is Quiet like OEM and 2.75in diameter, factory size is 2.5in They only sell it in the US without the center silencer, its def not needed as the muffler is very suppessive, the vids online are enhanced, great for performance though as the car responds best to a 2.75in pipe with lower end torque..

However if you want loud, 3in is the way to go. The Magnaflow Centerline is nice and Loud and has great fitment and is 3in diameter. Not sure about the Ragazzon, it is also 3in diameter and the clips online seem like its very loud as well and high quality. I also like the straight pipe into muffler design.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Remus is Quiet like OEM and 2.75in diameter, factory size is 2.5in They only sell it in the US without the center silencer, its def not needed as the muffler is very suppessive, the vids online are enhanced, great for performance though as the car responds best to a 2.75in pipe with lower end torque..

However if you want loud, 3in is the way to go. The Magnaflow Centerline is nice and Loud and has great fitment and is 3in diameter. Not sure about the Ragazzon, it is also 3in diameter and the clips online seem like its very loud as well and high quality. I also like the straight pipe into muffler design.
Thank you for your response, the centerline def looks like the nicest quality. It just breaks my heart that I can only hear the stock exhaust note when I'm actually getting on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yea centerline is easy to get, but you cant go wrong with the Ragazzon as well.. the only upside being the straight into muffler design vs the curved U shape into muffler on the Centerline regarding flow dynamics, doubtful it makes a difference though at 3in.. Both will be loud, however I can assure you the Remus is very quiet like OEM, only makes a nice wooshing sound under hard throttle, and makes good power, but is not the option for louder exhaust note..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm getting ready to put on the Supersprint "Race" #756734 along with the front section with silencer #756602 and mid-pipe from Jason at Alfissimo.com Looking at videos online and talking with Jason it seemed to be a good balance of more sound with livability using that setup. Can say it is very hefty and well made system, nice welds and stainless. Exhaust sound is all very subjective but will be a few weeks to get it installed and will try to post some videos. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had the Remus cat back on mine. Was nice on cold start and a bit of a growl under full throttle. under normal driving it was near stock. Great build quality but now what I was after. I have the Madness Monza so it is just pipes, no resonator or mufflers and its mega loud on cold start and full throttle. Fine for me as the Stelvio is one of two cars I have but the neighbours hate it when it starts.

Anything is better than stock

·
Registered
46 Posts
Supersprint I know makes Top Quality exhausts, ive had them on previous cars, they also have excellent flow designs.. Superpsprint will probably have the most refined sound, they are basically like Akrapovic exhausts quality and design wise, minus all the titanium bits. The mufflers are also super small on them and lightweight.. expensive setup though, but prob the best exhaust system out there overall.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Ask yourself if you DD the car on the highway on trips and want peace sometimes. Straight pipes do sound wicked... but does everyone want your wicked noise???? This is not a track we drive in the real world.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts