Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m looking to get a Stelvio ti sport and have noticed they have a decent amount of recalls and what not. I was wondering if someone could steer me towards what year to get and what years to stay away from? I looked around the forum and couldn’t find anything. Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Kinda tough to answer definitively in this case as all 3 years of Stelvios are still rather "new" from an industry standpoint. Based on lots of threads on these boards, most issues seem to come from the 2018s, but I think they are typical teething pains that most manufacturers deal with when introducing an entirely new car to the market. I actually do not think the # of recalls is more than average(ish) for the industry. Heck, the nearly historic 40+ year old Ford F-150 still deals with recalls. I have had my 2019 for about 10 months now with one only recall (turbo cool down pump after shutoff adjusted) and zero other issues. Many others on here report similar. I think AR is starting to flatten the recall/issues curve and I 100% think you should get one. Most issues seem to be battery-related, causing cascading issues elsewhere. When the OEM Varta battery is replaced, seem most other issues vanish. Check the battery before you buy. Overall, likely more smiles per mile and almost certainly more smiles per dollar than what you could get elsewhere. Good luck and let us know if/when you pull the trigger. I really do not think you will regret it.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
As far as refinement/infotainment system. Newer = better.

The 2020 is the most refined in terms of interior pieces and infotainment.

The 2019, is less so, but still pretty good. You have carplay/android auto at least.

2017-18 is what you want if the best price matters and you dont care at all about things like carplay or the infotainment in general.

For reliability?

All the years have the same trouble spot....the battery. Otherwise....most of us just drive and enjoy, the more we drive, the more we enjoy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Get the April 2018 and Newer with Apple carplay. Choose from there by price and features.

Reactions: dwroman55

·
Registered
63 Posts
My previous Stelvio (TI, Sport) was a late 2018 and was very good. Had not a single issue, never saw the dealer beside the 10000 oil change. I also had Apple Car Play that for me is indispensable. Unfortunately only a small number of Stelvio had Car Play in 2018 but some did. If I was in the market for a good deal I wouldn't think twice about buying a Stelvio 2018 with a good Carfax track record. I returned mine just because the residual payment was higher than market value and in a few weeks somebody already bought it (I'm sure at a price lower than my residual). Check carfax, if a lemon or something funny you will see it. I gave up two quadrifoglio because of that until I found a 2019 with 300 miles on it but I can guarantee you, my previous Stelvio wasn't just perfect, it was like brand new after 16000 miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
FWIW, I have a 2018 Sport (not a Ti), built in June 2017, so no Car Play or Android Auto. That was almost a deal-breaker for me, but I found a dashboard phone holder that works well so I really don't miss it. Since it was one of the early ones I was concerned about reliability, but have had very few problems. Early on the oil temp sensor had to be replaced, but other than that and a recall it's been great. The infotainment has some quirks but it works fine (I need to get it updated). The Auto Start/Stop quit working, but a lot of people wish they had that problem (it has the original battery and the dealer says I just don't drive it enough to keep it fully charged, but of course that's an excuse and not true). I've had the car for 2.5 years, have 24k miles on it, and still love it. No regrets whatsoever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts