Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PhillyAlf posted on the Apple CarPlay thread:

"Fortunately, I purchased the wheel protection plan when I bought the car and - to my relief - the wheel was made as good as new. They also replaced the tire for free!"

Is the Wheel & Tire Protection available by itself? The dealer tried to sell me the all encompassing warranty/protection product for a ridiculous amount. He seemed to get frustrated when asked to split the plans out.

I had the maintenance plan and wheel/tire plan on a Mercedes and they worked well for me. I know I'll likely slip up and hit a curb...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone's interested, there's a Mopar plan available that cover 4 yrs of regular maintenance, wheel & tire road hazard, paintless dent repair and key fobs. My dealer offered me a ridiculously expensive plan offered by an after market vendor. I stopped by a different dealer and he offered me the Mopar plan.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mopar plan vs after-market $$

In case anyone's interested, there's a Mopar plan available that cover 4 yrs of regular maintenance, wheel & tire road hazard, paintless dent repair and key fobs. My dealer offered me a ridiculously expensive plan offered by an after market vendor. I stopped by a different dealer and he offered me the Mopar plan.
How much were the 2 different plans? Mopar vs after-market?
Were they both transferable when selling?

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I heard about that also and that is why I did not purchase the extended warranty. Toyota screwed me in the past regarding warranties also.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
FWIW, I was not allowed to purchase the Alfa / Mopar plan. From what my dealer told me it was not available unless financed through the FCA financed program. I actually tried to buy it and the dealer had to refund me a couple days later saying they (FCA) wouldn't accept the order.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Mopar protection plan offered was for 4 years of maintenance (oil changes, filters, etc) which equate to approx $1800 (not counting the 1st one which is included with the car purchase). Additional coverage was for wheel and tires, paintless ding repair and key fob replacement.

This coverage is not the same as an extended warranty as referred to in post above. The extended warranty is a rip off, in that it covers the same things as the factory warranty... other than "no questions asked" per the finance guy (who was more of a sales guy than my sales guy!).

The extended warranty offered by the original dealer which was provided by MasterTech (I think that's the name) cost $2500 - $5800 depending on options selected. The extended warranty was $2500 and the maintenance plan and wheel/tire, key fob, ding coverages were $5800.

The Mopar protection plan was $1800. Again, this is not an extended warranty but a prepaid service plan with additional hazard type coverages.

Both plans are refundable on a prorated basis if you sell the car.

·
Registered
378 Posts
- those costly rates are absurd. $$$

I got ding and wheel insurance on my previous 2 vehicles and I do not think I even broke even. My Alfa dealer didn't even bother try selling one
If I get a wheel ding or door ding, I'll just pay out of pocket - no sweat.

Since the car comes with a 4 year warranty, I skipped it. I always change cars before 4 years, I plan on buying another Stelvio TI at that time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In case anyone's interested... here's what I've found out:

Mopar Protection Plan covers:
Prepaid service at 20K, 30K and 40K - one dealer says 3 services will cost approx. $950, another says $1800
Wheel & Tire protection - no limit
Paintless dent repair - $1500/per occurrence
Key fob replacement/repair up to $600

I agree with others, not worth paying for service up front unless it is considerably less to do so. Although, I should keep quiet about the other coverages. If I say I won't need them, I'll hit a curb and lose/run over a key fob tomorrow!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alfa Romeo does offer a Premium plan for leases. It will cover all Maintenance cost wheel and Tire and Wear and tear during the lease. You can buy packages separate like wheel and tire. Wheel and Tire will cover you form road hazards such as a nail in the tire bent rim from hitting a pot hole. I can send you guys all the information you will need and pricing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was able to purchase a separate wheel and tire plan from my dealer. I usually skip these things because I feel they'll never pay off, but the wheels on the Stelvio are obviously expensive; so I did it in this case. My dealer (Jeff D'Ambrosia in Fraser, PA) assured me it would pay off in one instance. It definitely did in my case, but I'm not sure how much my bad experience with the Alfa Roadside Assistance (see my post in the Apple Carplay thread) influenced their decision to cover me so nicely. I forget the cost for the coverage. It may have added $15 to my monthly payment. Unfortunately, I'm away from home for a week and can't check my records at the moment.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Alfa Romeo does offer a Premium plan for leases. It will cover all Maintenance cost wheel and Tire and Wear and tear during the lease. You can buy packages separate like wheel and tire. Wheel and Tire will cover you form road hazards such as a nail in the tire bent rim from hitting a pot hole. I can send you guys all the information you will need and pricing.
Unless I was lied to, this is only available if you finance the purchase through Alfa. I used Ally because for some reason Alfa financing wasn't available, and therefore I was not allowed to purchase it, despite being 100% willing to pay for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts