Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
For me, I don't like to detract to the lines of the car- intend to move this over from my Jeep. Convenient to the charging port when plugged in, my KeyOne phone displays the HUB, making a quick glance while stopped easy to see what's going on + great location. The only thing is figuring out how to loosen and retighten the passenger left front seat bracket bolt. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004M8ST3Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1512738620&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=cell+phone+holder+seat+bracket&dpPl=1&dpID=41Jv0uLb+OL

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Small Easter egg, just discovered yesterday: When the cover to the cup holder area is open, there is a nice, deep center slot between the cup holders obviously designed for storing your cell phone while underway while it's charging and connected via Bluetooth. Thoughtful feature.

Reactions: nichaschw26

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share the way I mounted my phone. I wasn't happy with the ProClipUSA/Brodit mount location or the look of it (especially since I have the QV Carbon Fiber Dash Trim), and I didn't like my phone moving around in the cubby between the cupholders or it being in between drinks. So I built a custom phone mount, which in my opinion, is how ProClip should have designed the mount (hopefully they'll listen and make a similar one!).

Sorry for the photos being sideways! I can't seem to upload them upright and can't figure out how to rotate them once uploaded.

Parts Need:
1 - National # N351-496 "Black Powder Coated Steel Corner Brace" - about $5
2 - ProClip # 215965 - 15 Degree Wedges - $24
1 - ProClip Adjustable Phone Holder for Lightning USB Cable (I used # 514667 - but model may differ based on your phone size) - $60

How to make it:
1) Close your cupholder lid to make sure you install the bracket so that the lid can still open and close freely with the bracket in position
2) Add 3M Double Sided Tape to the inside of one side of the bracket (I covered about 2/3 of this part from the outer edge inwards)
3) Apply adhesive felt along the inner edge of the bracket (not necessarily needed but I wanted to take extra precaution to protect the trim underneath)
4) Stick the bracket to the panel as shown in photos
5) Screw the 2 15 degree angle brackets together with the included screws, with one rotated so that it angles left (towards the driver seat), and the next angled towards the back of the car (to angle it more upright)
6) Screw the Phone holder onto the newly joined brackets with the included screws
7) Apply 3M Double Sided Tape to the bottom of the bottom 15 degree angle bracket
8) Stick the bracket/phone mount to the black corner brace in the bottom left corner

I also tucked my cable into the gap between the dash and the console, and then up the center console. I drilled a small hole in the armrest compartment and plugged the USB into one of the armrest USB's for a clean look.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts