Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my second test drive I've come to the conclusion the Stelvio is a great SUV, but I don't see any ads in USA electronic media, Doesn't FCA want Alfa Romeo to be successful? There should be a full on media blitz, you shouldn't be able turn on a TV for more than half an hour without seeing a Stelvio ad. I want Alfa Romeo to be successful in the USA.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing ads for the Stelvio unlike the Giulia's release. I can understand the lack of TV commercials because more and more people are moving away from cable. but I'd expect to see at least one you tube ad when you play other videos.
It's not like they're lacking in ads because their YouTube channel has a few Stelvio clips

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I saw one on tv, can't remember show or channel, but I expect it was something the wife was watching. the ads they are creating are designed to appeal to women, so I wouldn't expect them to be played during a hockey game.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Maybe FCA blew most of their ad money advertising the Giulia Quad which was on TV for a long time, including the Super Bowl? Dealers here are really starting to get the car in and the showrooms are empty. The Stelvio is fantastic.

If I was an Alfa Dealer I would be pro-active at this point. I'd be placing the Stelvio and Giulia in as many shopping malls and car shows as possible. Heck, I would even park a few in front of some BMW and Audi dealerships as well!

·
Registered
10 Posts
After my second test drive I've come to the conclusion the Stelvio is a great SUV, but I don't see any ads in USA electronic media, Doesn't FCA want Alfa Romeo to be successful? There should be a full on media blitz, you shouldn't be able turn on a TV for more than half an hour without seeing a Stelvio ad. I want Alfa Romeo to be successful in the USA.
It's been a few months since my 1st test drive and I have yet to see an Alfa on the road. I would enjoy
owning a unique vehicle like the Stelvio. But I also would not like to be the owner of a model that nobody
bought, and was not a success in the US market. I remember the media blitz when Alfa first reentered the
market, but now silence. Could a discounted sale help? With the saturation of SUV vehicles, a price with some incentive might help. To be honest, the Stelvio might be a little over priced in order for sales to gain some traction here soon. :confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Saw an ad for the Stelvio during the President's Cup golf yesterday. Turned on TV and the ad was on. Did not watch the golf so don't know if it was shown a number of times.

Jeff

·
Registered
381 Posts
whoppeee...just saw a short clip on the Stelvio on CNN's special "The Wonder List" with Bill Weir (film about the Patagonia, etc). The first advertising I've seen on the Stelvio-

·
Registered
381 Posts
FCA - Alfa Romeo should try to get their cars - especially the Stelvio Quadrifoglio or Giulia Quadrifoglio - featured in Fast and Furious, James Bond, or similar type movies. A whole generation (+) grew up in the US never hearing the brand name. I would be an expensive ad expenditure, but worth it if they want to attract a younger set of buyers.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
stelvio ads on a fox business show with a woman host.
makes sense, as they want to sell to women, and some other channels are more likely to be watched by prius buyers.
having the giulia quadrifoglio ads on cnn seemed a waste of money to me, as I don't really see it as a channel appealing to most fans of high performance vehicles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts