Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new member here. I’m looking to lease a stelvio ti sport and I’ve been searching dealer after dealer in hopes of finding a ti sport with the performance package.(lsd and active suspension) Is this a new option they are rolling out or are they just not equipping many models with this option? Please advise and if there is a specific dealer you know of that has one please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You are highly unlikely to find that package in stock anywhere. I took delivery of mine with it 12 days ago. I ordered it pretty much as soon as the package became available in February. Most dealers who are getting stock currently in NA are getting cars ordered Jan-Mar this year and the vast majority of those aren’t going to have what amounts to a specialty package on them. You are very likely going to have to wait a few months or order what you want.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Reported by our dealer's Sales Manager- quite a few cars stuck in Port of Baltimore (why I don't know) so the newest inventory is probably out of reach for now and of those probably customer orders first in line prior to stock units.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Everybody is different but YES from my POV and pretty obviously most of us here. That said, they can usually tell you what's on the way in the pipeline committed/uncommitted though and you can put your name on one if OTW. Good luck!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Oh wow! I guess I will be waiting then. I read your post earlier about it. Is it worth the wait?
The more I drive her, the more I realize that adaptive suspension and LSD make the car. It feels so well balanced and light on the normal FSD, the adaptive makes the car compliant when you aren’t pushing it. She feels lighter and smaller than the 4K she is. I bought a Stelvio instead of a Giulia because the five days a year the Giulia is better is offset by 100+ days a year I play hockey and have to load a heavy and large bag. I said the Stelvio was 90% as good as a Giulia with the performance package, once equipped with it the Stelvio is easily 95% as good to drive even though it’s immensely taller.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like I will be waiting then! Thanks for sharing your experience. I test drove the stelvio ti sport the other day and loved it. Looking forward to getting the performance upgrade version.

Oh wow! I guess I will be waiting then. I read your post earlier about it. Is it worth the wait?
The more I drive her, the more I realize that adaptive suspension and LSD make the car. It feels so well balanced and light on the normal FSD, the adaptive makes the car compliant when you aren’t pushing it. She feels lighter and smaller than the 4K she is. I bought a Stelvio instead of a Giulia because the five days a year the Giulia is better is offset by 100+ days a year I play hockey and have to load a heavy and large bag. I said the Stelvio was 90% as good as a Giulia with the performance package, once equipped with it the Stelvio is easily 95% as good to drive even though it’s immensely taller.

·
Registered
478 Posts
If your local dealer will let you do a back to back on a couple cars see if you can drive a Giulia Ti Sport and one with the performance package over the same route. That will give you a good feel for whether the wait is worth it to you.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sounds like I will be waiting then! Thanks for sharing your experience. I test drove the stelvio ti sport the other day and loved it. Looking forward to getting the performance upgrade version.
I would love to have both the LSD and the Active suspension. So cool!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yes, the adaptive suspension is worth it even if you aren't going to be driving hard enough to fully utilize the LSD.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yes, the adaptive suspension is worth it even if you aren't going to be driving hard enough to fully utilize the LSD.
And when you do use the LSD the car becomes more fun and grin inducing. Although it will never have the giggle inducing tire smoke capacity of the Challenger ScatPack or Hellcat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts