Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know where to put the jack, but once the car is up on the jack, just for safety, I prefer to use a jack stand while I am changing tires.

I need to know where to place them, both for rear and front.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wondering the same thing. I dont trust the lifting points with the design of most Jack stands. I had to pull a wheel off to bring it to the shop and the lifting points worked fine with my jack but had to pray when I got home she wasn't on the ground. O-rings can fail. Remember the Space Shuttle??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, hoping someone can
Wondering the same thing. I dont trust the lifting points with the design of most Jack stands. I had to pull a wheel off to bring it to the shop and the lifting points worked fine with my jack but had to pray when I got home she wasn't on the ground. O-rings can fail. Remember the Space Shuttle??
Yeah, hoping someone can reply to this. And I'd be pretty worried too leaving the car up on a jack.

·
Registered
290 Posts
You can try with an appropriate jack 3ton+, lift the back enough and the front will raise enough to put a jack in the front jack point. Do the reverse to free the back. This works on the Giula.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts