Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Stelvio and loving it so far. However, when I went to move my staple items from my old car to the Stelvio I quickly realized how incredibly little practical storage exists in this car. I had, of course, read this in all the reviews but it didn't really hit home until I had no idea where I could put stuff that wouldn't be a nuisance to retrieve when I needed it. I knew the glove box was said to be small but that is a significant understatement. I noticed in my test drive that the manual consumed the majority of the room but I thought there was slot above the compartment specifically for the manual (like there is in my Infiniti and Volvos) and the dealer just didn't bother putting it there. However, I was wrong. The shape of it made appear like there is a slot but it's just the top of the compartment. If you want to keep the manuals in the glove box, there really isn't any room for much else (maybe a pair of gloves if you have small hands). I can't quite figure out what anyone would put in the driver's side under dash storage compartment because it's so small and oddly shaped. There is a small net on the passenger side that would be useful on the drivers side but no luck there either. The center console is not very big either. Door compartments are quite roomy but not a big fan on piling stuff into the door. Has anyone found any aftermarket storage solutions that fit well into their Stelvios?

I guess it's Alfa's first attempt at an SUV and seems like they totally nailed the sport and the vehicle but I guess no one told them the reason SUV's are so popular is because people also like the utility.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes, it doesn't have as much storage as many other SUV's, but most of those other SUV's don't provide the same driving experience as the Stelvio. I had to rethink my storage needs after switching from a Jeep. I found a pretty good phone mount that looks good with the rest of the interior (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N210GDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and just the basics in the armrest (charger cord, wallet, pens, small note pad, and mints). Sun glasses are in the odd driver cubby. Change is in the door handle (don't like that). You're right about the glove compartment. I can't figure out why it has to be so small. The operating manual could go in the hatch area to make room.

·
Registered
508 Posts
. I found a pretty good phone mount that looks good with the rest of the interior (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N210GDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
Once I read the manual I put it in the trunk/back area near the spare tire. I've done this with all my cars since i might use the manual once a year or once every two years. Registration and proof of insurance go behind the drivers visor(i noticed special clips for paperwork). I use the dash for one pen, one pencil, one small notepad, one pen size tire gauge, one USB storage device for my music, a phone charger cord and a few extra fuses. What else do you need to put in there? maybe a pocket multi tool !!

Declutter your life to be happier.

I like your cell phone holder. How is it installed or attached to the dash?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered one of those cell phone holders and also one that attaches to the vent because I'm not sure about the phone being on top of the dash. I'll keep the one that works best. I also noticed the Madness website has a cell phone mount that looks like it attaches to the dash but I really don't want to install anything that might damage or alter the interior. I have done some rethinking about what I need to keep in the car but there are some things I just have to have. I live in the southern US and things like bug spray and sunscreen are a must. I also have to have a first aid kit (this is actually the first luxury car I ever bought that didn't have it's own first aid kit on board). I also have a standard size zip-up portfolio I keep my company materials in for when I meet customers. There is literally no place in the car it will fit which I just find crazy. I wish they would rethink the storage area under the cover in the back because it seems like rearranging the stuff in there would provide a sizeable compartment. I think I am just going to make a box that will fit under driver's seat and put something on the bottom of it so it won't slide around. My Volvo has pockets on the front of the seats that you would never even know were there if someone didn't tell you. They are super convenient. Maybe I can get a local custom interior place to sew something like that on for me.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I ordered one of those cell phone holders and also one that attaches to the vent because I'm not sure about the phone being on top of the dash. I'll keep the one that works best. I also noticed the Madness website has a cell phone mount that looks like it attaches to the dash but I really don't want to install anything that might damage or alter the interior. I have done some rethinking about what I need to keep in the car but there are some things I just have to have. I live in the southern US and things like bug spray and sunscreen are a must. I also have to have a first aid kit (this is actually the first luxury car I ever bought that didn't have it's own first aid kit on board). I also have a standard size zip-up portfolio I keep my company materials in for when I meet customers. There is literally no place in the car it will fit which I just find crazy. I wish they would rethink the storage area under the cover in the back because it seems like rearranging the stuff in there would provide a sizeable compartment. I think I am just going to make a box that will fit under driver's seat and put something on the bottom of it so it won't slide around. My Volvo has pockets on the front of the seats that you would never even know were there if someone didn't tell you. They are super convenient. Maybe I can get a local custom interior place to sew something like that on for me.
I live in AZ and i strongly suggest to keep any combustible cans out of the car in the summer heat. They sell bug repellent that can attach to your pants belt holders on your waste, pretty small too. And has no odor. Second, the first aid kit can also go near your spare tire. I mean you dont use it often right?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can certainly put the first aid kit where the spare tire I don't have would go but the back of my car is seldom empty and getting under that panel can sometimes be a challenge. Would hate to have to deal with that if I'm the one bleeding! And we get some pretty hot days here -- NC -- but not close to Arizona highs... not yet anyway.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The cell phone holder has a thick flexible silicon pad with a tacky surface. It conforms right to the shape of the dash top and doesn't move. It can be removed as often as desired and doesn't damage or leave any residue behind at all - Sorry to sound like an ad for this thing. I swear I don't work for them. I'll take a picture when I get a chance. Note that it also has room for my EZPass behind the phone. I like not having to mount the pass on the windshield.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What about that little depression on the right side of the trunk for your first aid kit? Seems like the perfect place to put one

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's not a bad idea but I put the manual in the back and first aid kit in glove box. I actually ended up having to break out the manual the other day and learned a couple things I didn't know about by accident. Still loving my Stelvio but I wish the infotainment stuff was a bit more predictable. Seems to want to work the way it wants to work on different days which is seldom the same from day to day.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Finally got my Stelvio and loving it so far. However, when I went to move my staple items from my old car to the Stelvio I quickly realized how incredibly little practical storage exists in this car. I had, of course, read this in all the reviews but it didn't really hit home until I had no idea where I could put stuff that wouldn't be a nuisance to retrieve when I needed it. I knew the glove box was said to be small but that is a significant understatement. I noticed in my test drive that the manual consumed the majority of the room but I thought there was slot above the compartment specifically for the manual (like there is in my Infiniti and Volvos) and the dealer just didn't bother putting it there. However, I was wrong. The shape of it made appear like there is a slot but it's just the top of the compartment. If you want to keep the manuals in the glove box, there really isn't any room for much else (maybe a pair of gloves if you have small hands). I can't quite figure out what anyone would put in the driver's side under dash storage compartment because it's so small and oddly shaped. There is a small net on the passenger side that would be useful on the drivers side but no luck there either. The center console is not very big either. Door compartments are quite roomy but not a big fan on piling stuff into the door. Has anyone found any aftermarket storage solutions that fit well into their Stelvios?

I guess it's Alfa's first attempt at an SUV and seems like they totally nailed the sport and the vehicle but I guess no one told them the reason SUV's are so popular is because people also like the utility.
Looking for a place to store my glasses I found that they fit in this little compartment.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was wondering what that was for?

PS - if you are a voice command of "Hey Siri/Google" person, there is a phone slot between the 2 cupholders. Works with regular and "+" sized phones.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
4 door pockets, cooled center console area (with AC on it gets quite cool, side pockets 1 or 2 if standard auto. Maybe most folks just keep too much SH$$ in their cars. Plenty of room for my jumper cables, Kar\yak straps, Snow shovel...What more do you need to fit ?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well the glovebox is extremely tiny. I’ll grant that. My manual lives in the cargo area in the back because of it.

Reactions: Andrew Acayan

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
For those of us that don't drink or eat in the car, those are some pretty badass cupholders for storage!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts