Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Why is it so hard to find replacement parts for the Stelvio...specifically rotors?

6K views 47 replies 19 participants last post by  ViscontiVerde 164L* 
Why would an Alfa service department off hand recommend installation of new sparkplugs and then say "oops" on back order? This is a new dealer owner and service folk have no prior experience with Alfas. Couldn't explain what was unique about Alfa sparkplugs.
There's nothing really special about Alfa's plugs. they are NGK (ngk ILZKR7G.) They are used in jeeps mostly so nothing special. Rock auto has them in stock and even amazon. They burn cooler and should last about 60k-80k miles. I don't know why the recommendation is 30k but I pulled mine and cleaned it up a bit then stuck it back in.

Not to beat a dead horse but I think I joined less than a year ago and now you are on your 4th car. Mazda, rav4 and RDX. Did you really buy these or did you rent them? Just curious... now the xc40? How would you even get them? (not in stock anywhere near me and 6months wait) and the dealers.. Just as frequent as Alfa dealers... One last thing. Why are you still here to rag on Alfa? from your history of past 9months or so, I would say you have more to complain about rav4 and rdx. Is that happening in their forum?

What's funny is that I've stuck around long after multiple Alfa owners have rage-quite "their own" car and forum. I find it amusing.
Well, if you can't understand that then it's a lost cause. Not everyone has polemic aptitude like yourself. (some refer to this as 'trolling') They are looking for pertinent information about their own cars, hence the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.