Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Why is it so hard to find replacement parts for the Stelvio...specifically rotors?

6K views 47 replies 19 participants last post by  ViscontiVerde 164L* 
Is it just me or is it becoming more and more difficult to order rotors for the Stelvio online? I've been at this for over 2 months now and it isn't like I haven't found any at all but for the most part, those are Ebay buys that I'm not too comfortable with, majority of the repudable sites (i.e. PartsGeek, RockAuto, etc.) are out of stock. What's going on?
Can you have a shop do a clean up cut on the rotors if they are still within the minimum specs in order to get you through to a time in the future when new rotors will be available?
At least if you do that, you won't have to hunt down rotors right now.

I am having low speed squeal from the rotors but no warning lights; does that mean it's time to replace?
Not always.
My Stelvio is brand new, but it occasionally has a brake squeal under light braking.

You would need to either inspect the brake pads yourself, or have a professional inspect your brake pads to see if they are the cause of the squeal.
There can be a variety of things that can cause brake pad squeal, and you really need to determine the actual cause.

Additionally, some brake pads are very aggressive materials, and will squeal no matter what you or your mechanic try to do to them.

If you wanted to stick your cellphone into your wheel to take a picture of your brake pads on both sides of your rotors and post them, we can give you our opinions on what you show us.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with those pads, and should not be changed.
I would pull the pads off, clean up any dirt buildup in the caliper and pads, and then apply some Silaramic Brake System Grease to the caliper to brake pad contact points.

That would most likely put an end to the random squeaks and squeals you are living with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.