Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Why is it so hard to find replacement parts for the Stelvio...specifically rotors?

6K views 47 replies 19 participants last post by  ViscontiVerde 164L* 
My tire/brake shop now has a cool machine that turns the rotors in the car. Stelvio Ti a good candidate for this if rotors need a touch up. Doing bang up business resurfacing expensive rotors, pop the pads and give them a quick clean-up or replace. Of course some rotors are too far gone and others due to construction or materials can’t be done but I just saw a late model big Merc getting the treatment. Leaving rotors on the car speeds up the job tremendously for the shop, and lowers the labor bill for customers. So the bill is basically labor and maybe pads.

FYI I am using OEM rotors and Porterfield R4S pads, no squealing, not too grabby, better than OEM performance, not tearing up rotors. It’s a good combo. I did see the “high end” heavy duty rotors and pads at Rock Auto a while back, am sure they would provide acceptable performance and might try that next time. The Stelvio 2.0 brakes are not exotic.

It is not just saving time, the discs are truer that way, if they are cut on the car.
Yes, thanks for that important addition. As discussed in other threads, most low/mid mileage brakes that exhibit vibration are not warped or excessively worn, but have surface deposits that can be cleaned up to work with refinished or new pads. Of course driving hot brakes through deep water, excessive activation of stability control, riding the brakes, sand and gravel, corrosion due to weather exposure and manufacturing deficiencies can cause problems …as well as just smoking the brakes on a heavy vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.