Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Why is it so hard to find replacement parts for the Stelvio...specifically rotors?

6K views 47 replies 19 participants last post by  ViscontiVerde 164L* 
#1 ·
Is it just me or is it becoming more and more difficult to order rotors for the Stelvio online? I've been at this for over 2 months now and it isn't like I haven't found any at all but for the most part, those are Ebay buys that I'm not too comfortable with, majority of the repudable sites (i.e. PartsGeek, RockAuto, etc.) are out of stock. What's going on?

#42 ·
It's rough when you have a car you actually enjoy and want to own....

... That craps out and is unreliable.

For me it was a Nissan Pulsar NX. Loved that thing the entier 8 months I owned it, after the engine blew up I couldn't bring myself to look at a Nissan for almost a decade.

So it's understandable why people get upset. Alfa's are truly enjoyable cars so it's extra crappy when yours... Isn't. Versus a Mazda or BMW or whatever where... It's more of a "..say 'oh brother', throw it in the gutter and go buy another" moment.

(to paraphrase Easy E)

See... What you describe as wanting... Is EXACTLY what I drive. For me.. might not be for you, but it is for me.

.. guess what...

It's as great as it seems like it would be. No joke... I genuinely hope you find the car that gives you what you want from it.

#43 · (Edited)
I don't take it as a joke. And thankyou!

Yes, I bought a 2010 WK1 Jeep with hemi, qd2, offroad skidplates, the works. I loved it after putting good tires (it was on oem rubber still, in 2014!) and Bilsteins on it. It handled well for what it was (actually drifted it around a corner in the rain once. Sweeper. It was super controllable and predictable. Like a well weighted sword more than a Foil, though.). It felt solid. No rattle. Just a comfy, competent vehicle. Yes the hemi sucked gas, no I didnt care as gas was cheap those days and the note was around 400.

After a litany of issues, not the least of which being N23 from Chrysler, and their absolute ineptitude at handling this issue, I moved on from it.

#48 ·
You want noisy brakes. Drive like a nancy. You want quiet brakes, USE them HARD on occasion. Hmmm, wonder why I have NEVER had a pad squeal in my life.........................except a few full race pads!

BTW 3 months waiting for a fender..............side airbags were readily available..........go figure. I will have a bunch of free Pzeros available when finally repaired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.