Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Wife Borrowed Car - Bad Rim Rash

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  AlaStelvio 
#1 ·
So wife took my car the other day for a drive only for me to see a nice surprise waiting when I approached my car today. A really bad scrape/rash on the rim, about 1/5 of the rim was scraped and you can visibly see the scraping/scratches along the entire edge of that portion of the rim. Question is, how much do these rims go for? It's the 2022 Stelvio with the darker rims in the Veloce package. It's also a leased vehicle. This sucks!

#11 ·
No, he'd own up if he did it, he's Alfisti, we wouldn't pass off our errant track limit exceeding excursions as our wive's errors.
I'd sooner blame it on old retired people stopping in new roundabouts before trying to gaslight my wife or defer blame to her, if I scratched my rims in a moment of impatience, like if that would ever happen.

#12 ·
No, he'd own up if he did it, he's Alfisti, we wouldn't pass off our errant track limit exceeding excursions as our wive's errors.
I'd sooner blame it on old retired people stopping in new roundabouts before trying to gaslight my wife or defer blame to her, if I scratched my rims in a moment of impatience, like if that would ever happen.
Love it - great response!!

#13 ·
So I got a response today from my local rim repair shop and they quoted me $259.90 CAD and it would take 2-3 days. Anyone know how much the dark 5-hole Alfa rims on the 2022 Stelvio go for brand new? Trying to compare what would make more sense here. It'll also take them 2-3 days to complete the repair.

#15 ·
Just heard back from them, it normally retails for $1,315 and he offered me wholesale price at $1,118. To me it, I'm thinking it's worth a shot having the rim repaired. I contacted two rim repair shops, one said there's too much damage, the other said they could get it back to 95% match. Not sure what do do.

#16 ·
95% is the way to go cuz guess what?.....it will happen again...its called life.

KY will fix the other 5%...sorry title led me to this.....................

BTW used sets pop up in For Sale section quite often as well as on Ebay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.