Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance for having me from the Bay Area, CA.

Picked up this 2020 Ti Sport, ice/ black interior recently and finally going to transition from a lurker to poster. Just some thoughts about the car so far.

Still playing with the adaptive cruise just iching for more seat time. The 2020 refresh is definitely appreciated. I have a 2018 Giulia Ti Sport with leather dash/panels and the leather in this interior feels a lot more premium.

Love the fact it feels like I'm driving my Giulia but with less stress for bumps and driveways. Although I thought there would be more middle seat room with 2 carseats.

Just a few complaints. The Harmon Kardon doesn't sound as good as my Giulia, maybe the more confined space? The infotainment lag is frustrating but the temperature control lag is just laughable. Finally, all the 2020 upgrades and they just left the same backup camera??

Overall I love the Stelvio, especially the 2020 refresh. Wife said she will always go back to Mini but I give her a month with this.

Thanks for reading!

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

The gateway to all this Alfaness...

Registered
That cream trim with the black is really classy. Nice. None of the small-ish SUV are great for car seats. Hopefully you are not too tall. Go buy a used Jaguar XJL! I used to have two seats in the back of a gtv6. Wife like Mini because of the smaller size? There was a poster a while back whose wife preferred a BMW X2. Go figure, everybody likes something different.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That cream trim with the black is really classy. Nice. None of the small-ish SUV are great for car seats. Hopefully you are not too tall. Go buy a used Jaguar XJL! I used to have two seats in the back of a gtv6. Wife like Mini because of the smaller size? There was a poster a while back whose wife preferred a BMW X2. Go figure, everybody likes something different.
I agree, ice/black is the right balance between my choices of black or red. The white looks a lot brighter in person and contrast well with the black. Wife have an affinity for Minis, we trade in her 2019 Countryman All4 S. Great little SUV for a small family, tons of fun on road trips.

Registered
Your not alone my wife still misses that Mini Clubman F54.

Ian

Registered
Yes they sure are but U know what he means.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Picture frame

Registered
"But you know"
I suppose but - it would seem you sure know the difference. Is the clubman the one thats as big as, well, an suv?
I tried a mini when they were actually mini, and it didn't drive like a spitfire, let alone a kart. But I'd accept a miata/kart simile.
Are they all 125 shifters? Look very serious - i bet you dont Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting describe them as driving like minis though haha

Registered
A friend of mine that drives in Indy car took me for a ride in a JCW I was so impressed I bought this the next day.
It was a blast to drive in city traffic and Blonde enjoyed it so much she wanted her own.

Comparing the Quadrifoglio to a mini is night and day the Quadrifoglio destroys the Mini.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Registered
I guess the really big one is the countryman.
No issue with them other than fwd, and the mini name seems out of place. Maybe maxi?
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A friend of mine that drives in Indy car took me for a ride in a JCW I was so impressed I bought this the next day.
It was a blast to drive in city traffic and Blonde enjoyed it so much she wanted her own.

Comparing the Quadrifoglio to a mini is night and day the Quadrifoglio destroys the Mini.
View attachment 23257
Sweet Coupe.
Yea, the Mini is good for city driving but does feel cramped on longer drives.
I have not been in a QV but I'm sure it's a beast.

Registered
Thanks in advance for having me from the Bay Area, CA.

Picked up this 2020 Ti Sport, ice/ black interior recently and finally going to transition from a lurker to poster. Just some thoughts about the car so far.

Still playing with the adaptive cruise just iching for more seat time. The 2020 refresh is definitely appreciated. I have a 2018 Giulia Ti Sport with leather dash/panels and the leather in this interior feels a lot more premium.

Love the fact it feels like I'm driving my Giulia but with less stress for bumps and driveways. Although I thought there would be more middle seat room with 2 carseats.

Just a few complaints. The Harmon Kardon doesn't sound as good as my Giulia, maybe the more confined space? The infotainment lag is frustrating but the temperature control lag is just laughable. Finally, all the 2020 upgrades and they just left the same backup camera??

Overall I love the Stelvio, especially the 2020 refresh. Wife said she will always go back to Mini but I give her a month with this.

Thanks for reading!
wonderful looking Stelvio bud, greetings from a fellow Bay Area owner and enjoy the great new car!

Registered
Go carts are rwd, so not really.
Hey - I鈥檓 the Newbie here (still waiting for my 22 Veloce 鈥 supposed to be on the boat now), but I have to chime-in on the Mini鈥檚. We own three: 2010 JCW Clubman (mine), 2012 Cooper S Convertible (my wife鈥檚), 2016 Countryman (our daughters). The JCW is the most fun car I have ever owned. Been to the track a few times (I鈥檝e done some mods). Easily better than a go-cart just because of so much more range on the track :) The S is also a hoot to drive.

That said - I鈥檝e been able to do a coupe 2-day test drives with the Stelvio, and I absolutely can鈥檛 wait for that to be my daily driver. The 50/50 weight distribution and rear-biased drive is an absolute joy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts