Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a couple drinks while eating out so let the wife drive the quad a few miles home. Only had it a couple months but she has been a passenger several times. Fist thing after getting in, she is just staring at the dash and then says "how do I start it". Had me a little worried but made it home OK. Maybe a little whiplash from her stabing the throttle and saying " this thing has some power". Slightly diffetent than her Lexus.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You’re a good man alfaMD ...not sure I would have been able to do the same. “Slightly different than her Lexus.” 😂😂😂 did you get home safely!??!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had a couple drinks while eating out so let the wife drive the quad a few miles home. Only had it a couple months but she has been a passenger several times. Fist thing after getting in, she is just staring at the dash and then says "how do I start it". Had me a little worried but made it home OK. Maybe a little whiplash from her stabing the throttle and saying " this thing has some power". Slightly diffetent than her Lexus.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife drove mine a couple of weeks ago. She was amazed how nimble and light it felt and she said it didn't feel any bigger than her car. Her biggest struggle was with the auto 'box as she has always driven manuals (currently a '18 CTR).

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was the first vehicle that my wife was more excited about than me. She was blown away when she first saw it. Thought it was one of the nicest interiors she had ever seen. And we have had high-end Mercedes, BMW, and she currently drives Lexus. Usually i buy 2 seater sports cars, last was a 4C. She didn't like that one at all but i did.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This was the first vehicle that my wife was more excited about than me. She was blown away when she first saw it. Thought it was one of the nicest interiors she had ever seen. And we have had high-end Mercedes, BMW, and she currently drives Lexus. Usually i buy 2 seater sports cars, last was a 4C. She didn't like that one at all but i did.
My wife was pretty much the same. More excited than I was initially. She loved the interior. She drives a LR Discover Sport with a 2.0L Turbo, so she is used to how fast the car reacts to a little gas.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Last weekend on a long drive from FL to NYC - my wife took over and I got some shut eye until I heard wind noise and glanced out the passenger side window to see trees going by like a picket fence. Looked at the speedometer and calmly asked if she was enjoying the drive ? She was going 140mph. Answer, this thing has power and is so stable ! Too much time for her on the autobahn in Germany....we have consequences here, so she backed off a bit...

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like she is ready for her own alfa! I would love to take my Stelvio on the autobahn. Been more than 25 years since I was in Germany and I miss it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife hates my Stelvio which makes me happy. Has a hard time putting it in reverse and doesn't understand the parking brake. She can keep her Benz.

·
Registered
2019 Nero Edizione Stelvio Ti Sport Rosso Competizione
23 Posts
When we first got our Giulia (we now have a Stelvio) my wife, who couldn’t care less about cars, came into the house after driving it for the first time and said, “Wow. That car is different. The Audi doesn’t feel like that.”

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had my on the track, got it up to 136 mph, but that was on a banked oval. I didn‘t fully trust the Pirellis to keep me from sliding off into oblivion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had my on the track, got it up to 136 mph, but that was on a banked oval. I didn‘t fully trust the Pirellis to keep me from sliding off into oblivion.
A 2.0L Stelvio?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Last weekend on a long drive from FL to NYC - my wife took over and I got some shut eye until I heard wind noise and glanced out the passenger side window to see trees going by like a picket fence. Looked at the speedometer and calmly asked if she was enjoying the drive ? She was going 140mph. Answer, this thing has power and is so stable ! Too much time for her on the autobahn in Germany....we have consequences here, so she backed off a bit...
Take her to the track!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Our Quad is my wife’s. She loves it. It’s her daily driver. She loves taking kid to school. She likes the power a lot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts