Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

My free oil changes from dealer plan is over. I needed to get my oil changed. Took stelvio to dealer. $495 for an oil change at alfa romeo stevens creek san jose ca, where I purchased my stelvio. I went to parts department and purchased recommended oil and filter for $100. I can do the oil change myself but will this void the power train warranty? The parts guy said it might.

thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've yet to hear of anyone losing their warranty due to doing their oil themselves.

Now, if you forgot to put oil into your car after draining it or used completely wrong oil, may void it.

Overall, if I remember previous posts elsewhere, it's up to the dealer to prove that your changes caused the failure and they can only void the warranty on the specific item/system that is impacted and not a blanket void, but I am definitely not a lawyer and also probably depends on how good your dealer is.

Alex..

·
Registered
73 Posts
No it won't it's just a scare tactic. My Porsche dealer used to try that on me please don't succumb to nonsense.
$495 is absurd for an oil change on a Stelvio.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now what about getting the light reset?
I used this method I found on the forum and it seemed to work

Steps:
Turn off the car, open door, close door
Push the Start button to turn on the car's electronics without starting the engine. Don't put your foot on the brake!
Pump gas pedal five times all the way to the floor board, where it feels like you are pushing in a button
Hit the start button again to shut off the car
Start the car"

·
Registered
38 Posts
I recently had my first (free) oil change at Fullerton Alfa Romeo in Somerville, NJ. The service manager there told me the next scheduled oil change (in 15 mos.) would cost approx. $209. That's a lot for an oil change, but no where near $495.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You are protected by law if you do your own maintenance. As long as you can show receipts for your parts if you do it yourself or repair orders from an independent shop.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are protected by law if you do your own maintenance. As long as you can show receipts for your parts if you do it yourself or repair orders from an independent shop.
This is good news. An update to the light reset. I had to depress the gas pedal 6 times. Also it only reset the oil change light not the maint req. light. I will have to take it to the dealer to get that light reset.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I recently had my first (free) oil change at Fullerton Alfa Romeo in Somerville, NJ. The service manager there told me the next scheduled oil change (in 15 mos.) would cost approx. $209. That's a lot for an oil change, but no where near $495.
That is what I was expecting. I was prepared to pay $250 but $495 was just too much. Now with my luck they will charge me 400 just to reset the light :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
One of the 2 dealers near me just quoted me $300 for the 30k service.
This includes $150 each for oil change and spark plugs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One of the 2 dealers near me just quoted me $300 for the 30k service.
This includes $150 each for oil change and spark plugs.
Alfa Romeo Stevens Creek SAn Jose Ca. Wanted $850+ for the basic 20K maintenance. This only included oil change and brake fluid.
Way too much!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe there is a cost difference on services between the 2.0 vs 2.9, so when shopping prices, make sure you get the cost for your motor. I was quoted last week by Alfa Romeo of Scottsdale, Arizona that the current price for an oil change on a QV is $281.00. He mentioned it was less for the 2.0, but I don't recall if he told me how much less.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, I talked to san jose alfa romeo and Burlingame alfa romeo in the bay area. Both was $249 to reset maint/oil warning lights. This makes me irritated. Does anyone know of a ODB device that will reset these? I can see myself paying 250+ one time cost if I can get something that will reset those messages. I just cannot spend 500 dollars for an oil change.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, I talked to san jose alfa romeo and Burlingame alfa romeo in the bay area. Both was $249 to reset maint/oil warning lights. This makes me irritated. Does anyone know of a ODB device that will reset these? I can see myself paying 250+ one time cost if I can get something that will reset those messages. I just cannot spend 500 dollars for an oil change.
This is only to reset the messages not change the oil.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not sure if the stelvio is yet programmed on independent garage's equipment. The independent mechanics I use had just had their equipment updated last summer, Guilia was on but not Stelvio. Charge for turning off a light at mechanic's shop? $0.00...would have taken literally 5 minutes including moving my car, getting in, opening port, plugging in, synching device, unplugging.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the 2.0 and I purchased the stelvio from san jose alfa romeo. I am just in shock at the cost. I really cannot keep this vehicle if it costs $500 for an oil change. How much are brake pads or other regular wear items? I am afraid to ask now :confused:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Get multiecuscan
Then if you want to add race mode you already have it. Plus it’s a great diagnostic tool.
I bought mine here for $175
Looks like it’s $160 now https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/161932211672

1 - 20 of 50 Posts