Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to empty out the garbage stock washer fluid. I managed to run it low and get the "low washer fluid" warning on. Is there only one washer fluid tank that feeds both front and rear windshields or is there another tank for the rear? Is there any harm if I run the tank to empty so nothing comes out anymore before putting my preferred washer fluid? Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is there only one washer fluid tank that feeds both front and rear windshields or is there another tank for the rear? Is there any harm if I run the tank to empty so nothing comes out anymore before putting my preferred washer fluid?
Only one, note that it has a mini funnel that can be raised. Can't see why running it dry would be an issue.

But what's with that washer fluid that you simply wouldn't just top up?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Running it dry is not good for the pump! I have been told this a few times in the past. If you have the low fluid light it is 99% gone. Stock fluid was just very dilute. Go to Autogeek.com and get yourself some Sonax concentrate to make your own washer fluid. DO NOT make it stronger than the recipe. I just use the blue stuff as my base and add ~1oz to a gallon. Cleans bugs great and that winter brine is cut as well. BTW that website is the detailers wet dream!!!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Washer fluid comes out of the rear wiper?
Yes the rear wiper has a wash function. Pull the right hand control stalk toward the steering wheel for front window wash (and headlights if equipped?) and push it towards the instrument cluster to activate rear window wash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts