Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have a Stelvio Ti Sport MY20 and I have a weird problem. My windshield wipers shut off completely while driving in heavy rain and this happened twice so far. 1st time I was driving around the neighborhood around 25 mph and this happened, 2nd time I was cruising around 70 mph and this happened, I freaked out for a few seconds as I couldn't see a thing. I'm not sure what exactly I did but I just played all different combinations on the wiper level and something just brought them back to life(both times). I also noticed they slowed down from highest speed setting automatically without altering the controls - No it's not on Auto, I set it to Max speed setting. I put about 10K miles on my car so far so I know what I'm doing.

The only common thing both times was that I drove the vehicle with vipers on for a few hours(2-3 hours).

I took my car to the service and explained the same problem - They ran a bunch of diagnostics and said nothing's wrong. Nothing was fixed. gave me the car as is.

I don't have any ways to reproduce this but I am sh*t scared to drive my car in the rain anymore. It just takes a split second to be blinded and this could turn fatal. Did anyone else experience this and How did you fix this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know exactly what "diagnostics" they ran?

Sounds like a loose connection or bad weatherproofing. Both are near impossible to diagnose/reproduce without the correct variables happening.
here’s the comment they made:

I managed to record a video today. It wasn’t in the manual setting today but it’s still not doing what it’s supposed to. Here’s the icloud link to my vid.

Excuse the poor quality, i was driving and trying to capture the incident for proof.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
They got codes that show a communication error, then scanned each module and didn't find anything so they sent you home.

Classic loose connection....and lazy diagnosis.

Most likely water gets in shorts something out..by the time you get to the dealer the water has dried and there is no problem anymore.

Ask the dealer if they turned on the windshield wipers, while spraying the windshield with a strong stream of water.

If the answer is no..which it probably will be....tell them to do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts