Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took me a while to finally get them on but here is what I got for a set up for winter.

I live in the Mountains so having full winter snow tires is kinda essential. My Stelvio came with the 20 inch rims and Contis. They were a bit slick in the snow

From PMCtire in Canada who is a online retailer they got me a set of Fast (brand name) 19 inch FC04 black aluminium rims with black bolts and I went with Bridgestone Blizzack DMV2 tires in a 235-55-19. They have the Aftermarket pre programmed TPMS sensors as well.

The TPMS re set to these right away with zero issues. Just swap the rims and tires on and drive a bit and it self set and no lights or issues.

The total set up was $2200 Canadian dollars for the 4 rims, 4 tires, 4 TPMS, mounting, balance and shipping right to my door.

I did a ceramic coat on the rims before install to help keep them clean and easy to wash off.

Tires are great, lots of snow traction and good stopping. in A mode it feels very stable and the AWD feels incredible to anything else I have ever driven. put it in Dynamic and manual shift and find a road and you can still get it sideways and have a blast of fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice setup, looks great. How did it do during the Banff winter? Why did you got with 19" rims instead of 20"? Also, I have very little experience shopping for aftermarket rims, how do you make sure what you get is safe and not crap?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank-you for your post. I live in Toronto and I am shopping for a complete set of winter tires and rims, and PMC Tire looks like a great place to purchase them. My Stelvio is exactly the same as yours, or it seems so. Mine is a TI Sport with the tri-color red with 20”. I will be going with 19” RWC AR55’s.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the 19 inch rim just due to selection and a bit for cost. I felt a 18 inch would have such a taller tire sidewall.

The aftermarket rims yes you can get some junk made over seas. I went with these as they are made in Canada so they are tested and have standards in the making.

PMC tire was great. They are perfectly balanced and the aftermarket TPMS is programmed by them so after install it just takes a quick drive and the computer self learns all the wheels.

The Blizzack DMV-2 ran great in the snow, very stable and great traction. Nice on the ice as where I live snow removal should be a thing but the Town and highways does a horrific clown show of nothing.

I always have a set of winters for each vehicle and very happy with these.

I did do myself a full ceramic coating on the rims and it did make keeping them clean easier. The dirt, mud did not stick as much so simple spray, wheel woolly and cleaner kept them looking great all winter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Does anyone know where to buy inexpensive winter wheels under $200 each. Looking 18 or 19 inch. Will 18s work with the brakes on a TI Sport? I like the idea of a second set of wheels but feel more than 2 grand for the set up is a bit much.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Ebay. Factory takeoffs with curb rash

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yep! Did just that. Ebay 19" Lusso wheels with 235/5519 snow tires is the perfect set up imho... I feel very confident in upstate NY snow, lots of fun infact. Love the ride and feel of the 19" snows but look forward to putting 20s back on in the spring.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
It does indeed ride better with the 19's. Real big difference between the 19's and Contis v the Quad setup 20's and PZeros!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts