Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have a good recommendation for a 20" winter tire that fits the TI sport rims?

The only ones I have available at my local tire shop at the Nittos. Does anyone have any experience with the Conti/Michelin/Pirelli options?

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Would you consider buying a different set rims that are smaller? You can downsize which will give you more options for tires and in my opinion give you better performance in the snow.
The rims I’m buying are 18’s and I’m buying studded nokian hakkapeliitta tires. Nokian’s are fantastic in the snow. We have non studded hakkapeliitta on our other car and all I can say is WOW.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does any one have a good recommendation for a 20" winter tire that fits the TI sport rims?

The only ones I have available at my local tire shop at the Nittos. Does anyone have any experience with the Conti/Michelin/Pirelli options?

Thanks
I've been thinking about getting a set of Nokian WR G3 SUV all weather tires and leaving them on year-round. Anyone have any first-hand experience with them?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
89ft-lbs is in manual.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Went to Costco today to order Blizzaks for my 19” wheel Stelvio. The tech said they could sell me the tires but could not mount them because the Stelvio requires a special adapter to put it on their lift. Anyone know what this is about?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had mine done with a floor jack and the Stelvio has marked lift points and was very simple to do.

89 is the torque for the wheel and make sure to re torque it.

The TPMS resets all on its own so no need for any calibration tools.

Check the door sticker for inflation. I recall there was a difference from front to back by a PSI or two.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a set of Nokian WR G3 SUV all weather tires and leaving them on year-round. Anyone have any first-hand experience with them?
I ran Nokian WR tires year round on my 2000 Outback. Don't remember if they were G3 or something earlier. Anyway, I got good mileage out of them and they did fine in winter weather.

Quite a difference in handling between an Outback and a Stelvio. So I don't know how relevant my Outback experience would be.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone tried a 255/50/20 instead of the factory size 255/45/20? Seems to be a few more options in this size for winter tires.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Instead of a 255/45R20
to keep the OD the same, you should be looking at a 235-245/50R20 sizing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ive
I ran Nokian WR tires year round on my 2000 Outback. Don't remember if they were G3 or something earlier. Anyway, I got good mileage out of them and they did fine in winter weather.

Quite a difference in handling between an Outback and a Stelvio. So I don't know how relevant my Outback experience would be.
I’ve had the WRG3s for nearly a year now and love them. Just drove through a winter storm over thanksgiving and they did great on snow and ice. I’d highly recommend if you don’t want to swap tires every winter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts