Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I hear good things from my younger nephews on vredesteins.. Good call with the 19's!!!
Do you or @lost1750GTV know if the Giulia QV 5 holes and SQV 5 holes have same offset? I’m guessing they do but not sure. I’ve ordered the vredesteins and am having them installed on Thursday and want to avoid a last minute snag as I don’t have spacers. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you or @lost1750GTV know if the Giulia QV 5 holes and SQV 5 holes have same offset? I’m guessing they do but not sure. I’ve ordered the vredesteins and am having them installed on Thursday and want to avoid a last minute snag as I don’t have spacers. Thanks in advance.
As I understand it the Stelvio QV in 20" or 21" are 9"/ET29 front and 10"/ET34 rear. The 19" Giulia are 8.5"/ET34 and 10"/ET41. Slightly different, but I do not know whether there will be fitment issues.

·
Registered
158 Posts
As I understand it the Stelvio QV in 20" or 21" are 9"/ET29 front and 10"/ET34 rear. The 19" Giulia are 8.5"/ET34 and 10"/ET41. Slightly different, but I do not know whether there will be fitment issues.
Yikes, I may be screwed on the fronts. My recollection is there was hardly any clearance on the GQV fronts.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just ordered 5/15mm spacers from madness so I know I’m good. I knew after your response that it was not likely to clear in front for sure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just ordered 5/15mm spacers from madness so I know I’m good. I knew after your response that it was not likely to clear in front for sure.
Awesome. You're motivating me to maybe play around with the square setup someone is selling. Although I was also thinking maybe I keep my appointment to swap the summers to my 20" winters on Friday then look at getting a set of 21" factory wheels for summer and just punt the factory 20" summer tires. As much as I dislike the concept of huge wheels I did like the 21" on the Veloce we traded for the QV.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I think stock is fine but it might take 5mm/10mm spacers which would be no big deal. That would be a great choice! It is in here somewhere///pocholin??

·
Registered
158 Posts
Awesome. You're motivating me to maybe play around with the square setup someone is selling. Although I was also thinking maybe I keep my appointment to swap the summers to my 20" winters on Friday then look at getting a set of 21" factory wheels for summer and just punt the factory 20" summer tires. As much as I dislike the concept of huge wheels I did like the 21" on the Veloce we traded for the QV.
We’ll I’ve considered selling the 21s that came on my QV and using the proceeds for a set of bright 5 holes. Not sure yet as the 21s are growing on me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think stock is fine but it might take 5mm/10mm spacers which would be no big deal. That would be a great choice! It is in here somewhere///pocholin??
Yeah I didn’t want to risk it. The gap between caliper and wheel on the Giulia was very small. Had to get 15mm for rears as they didn’t have 10s in stock. @pocholin do you know if stock GQVs bolt right up without spacers?

·
Registered
36 Posts
We’ll I’ve considered selling the 21s that came on my QV and using the proceeds for a set of bright 5 holes. Not sure yet as the 21s are growing on me.
Seems like every car has to come with dark wheels now. My dealer was only ordering cars with dark until I rolled in one day with bright five-holes I'd picked up for winters on my Giulia. I noticed they started mixing in some bright orders after that.

I'm not sure on verde montreal, though...I like the black, but bright would look good. I just showed my wife the picture on your new girl thread and she immediately said bright.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I do believe the brake rotors and calipers are the same. So they fill the inside of the gq wheel, but leave tons of room in the sq.
Just memory from other posts here and in giulia forum. Call me al always comes to mind - he swapped his cc brakes on gq for same size steel - and then bought standard brakes on his sq and switched to the bigger calipers and aftermarket bigger rotors AND used wider 19's from his gq on the sq. Search his posts, he may have used the stock 19's for his winter stelvio set up too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I do believe the brake rotors and calipers are the same. So they fill the inside of the gq wheel, but leave tons of room in the sq.
Just memory from other posts here and in giulia forum. Call me al always comes to mind - he swapped his cc brakes on gq for same size steel - and then bought standard brakes on his sq and switched to the bigger calipers and aftermarket bigger rotors AND used wider 19's from his gq on the sq. Search his posts, he may have used the stock 19's for his winter stelvio set up too.
Thanks, I remembered he had used his GQV wheels for his winter SQV setup and searched his stuff earlier today and shot him a message. Suprised I couldn’t find the answer on either forum but I will definitely be publishing results on Thursday. I’ll let everyone know

·
Registered
158 Posts
Seems like every car has to come with dark wheels now. My dealer was only ordering cars with dark until I rolled in one day with bright five-holes I'd picked up for winters on my Giulia. I noticed they started mixing in some bright orders after that.

I'm not sure on verde montreal, though...I like the black, but bright would look good. I just showed my wife the picture on your new girl thread and she immediately said bright.
Yeah, I’m not a huge fan of all black wheels but these are growing on me. I’d really like to pull the trigger on a set of bright 5 holes but I’ve prioritized expel/ceramic coating over those.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Never look dirty grew on me years ago.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts