Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Quadrifoglio Triple Black
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know if I can put 18” or 19” wheels on a Quadrifoglio for the winter, They are a little easier to find and smaller is usually better for the snow

·
Registered
32 Posts
I purchased 20" TI Sport wheels as my winter wheels with tires, and work perfectly on my QV. Here is a listing on Ebay for a used set I just saw, hope this helps.

·
Registered
2021 Ti Sport, Nero Edizione, Verde Visconti
19 Posts
I just bought 18" for non-Quad Stelvio Ti Sport winter wheels, Continental WinterContact SI tires 235/60/18 - have these tires and profile on my other vehicle (Kia Sorento) and they perform really well in winter driving conditions. For anyone living in Canada, I was able to pick up a set of RWC AR55 rims that are the same ones the local Alfa dealer uses for winter wheel packages (rims alone from dealer were 269 plus tax) for just over 900 CDN delivered to my home from PMC tires: RWC - AR55 Wheels - Anthracite - 18" x 8", 5 x 110, 65.1 mm, 30 mm - PMCtire Canada

·
Registered
2022 Misano Blue Stelvio QV
5 Posts
I just bought 18" for non-Quad Stelvio Ti Sport winter wheels, Continental WinterContact SI tires 235/60/18 - have these tires and profile on my other vehicle (Kia Sorento) and they perform really well in winter driving conditions. For anyone living in Canada, I was able to pick up a set of RWC AR55 rims that are the same ones the local Alfa dealer uses for winter wheel packages (rims alone from dealer were 269 plus tax) for just over 900 CDN delivered to my home from PMC tires: RWC - AR55 Wheels - Anthracite - 18" x 8", 5 x 110, 65.1 mm, 30 mm - PMCtire Canada
i know this is an older post but am shopping for winter wheels and hoping you can confirm that these 18s absolutely fit the Stelvio QV with steel brake discs?

thank You

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
61 Posts
From the test fit I did with my recently acquired 19s, it certainly seems feasible that 18s will fit and clear the calipers, from a diameter standpoint. However, even the 19s I got (ET 34) need 5mm spacers. You will probably need to make sure those 18s have plenty of offset to clear the front of the QV's calipers. 19s should be a great compromise @ 235-55 with plenty of sidewall, why go all the way down to 18s?
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Handwriting Sleeve Automotive tire Tints and shades T-shirt

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
61 Posts
These are hub-centric, specifically for Alfas' 5x110 pattern. I've used hub-centric spacer in other cars to improve the stance and never had any vibrations of other issues.

I do think 19s will look better on your QV rather than 18s

·
Registered
6 Posts
Putting 20 x 9 Rotoform R190 rims and 255R20 Vredestein Wintrac snows all the way around on my 2021 Stelvio Quad. I will post later on ride, handling, traction, etc. Seems like a great setup for about $3,000. complete.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’d go with 20” aftermarket wheels and something like the 255/45 20 continentals on the 2.0t cars. You can get tires on tire rack for around $200 each. They offer the same tire for three different vehicles. Any will work perfectly.

Tons of nice looking 3 month a year aftermarket wheels. Much cheaper that oem wheels.

·
Registered
499 Posts
you should be able to find a set of OEM 19" or 20" 2.0 wheels. There is a set for sale here on the board with very low mileage OEM Conti all seasons, which work decently in modest snow. Depending on where you live and desire for true winter traction that might be enough for 3-4 months of driving.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’m not sure what tires are on the quad. The biggest issue with summer tires in cold weather is how hard and slick they get. My last car has 275/25 20 tires in the back. Rear wheel drive. I hit an on ramp pushing a bit too hard. Back end broke loose and I had to stay in the throttle and drift around the corner for it not to snap back violently. First time I truly drifted. Lol.

Summer tires below 32 degrees is the issue more that tire tread. If you live in the mountains, sure snow tires are a good idea but on dry pavement you’ll burn through them quickly and they aren’t are good on concrete.

·
Registered
3 Posts
19’s or 20’s will be fine. I just found some 19” wheels locally so I put winter rubber on them. That way I don’t need to dismount tires every season. I have some 20” winter rubber I need to get rid of. If you find 20” rims and want some cheap rubber let me know ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts