Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the USA and am going to buy wheels to put the Pirelli Scorpions on so that I don’t have to keep risking damage to the factory wheels and the P zero sidewalls by continually switching back and forth. I only put 2000 miles or so on it per year, but the P zeroes suck below about 40 degrees F. Wintertime sees much less usage. That will be changing soon. Does anyone have a recommendation based on the actual purchase and use of aftermarket that are a direct replacement? I really don’t want wheels that are .5” narrower that the factory spec. There are very few available. Any experience to share?

·
239 Posts
Some people sell the factory wheels that came with their Stelvio because they like something else better. They then sell the factory wheels. That's how I got a second set of wheels for my snow tires. They are identical to the ones that came from the factory. Bought 4 Michelin X-Ice tires with TPMS from TireRack and local tire shop mounted them. Takes me less than 30 minutes to change over at home.

Summer factory wheels

Winter tire wheels

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some people sell the factory wheels that came with their Stelvio because they like something else better. They then sell the factory wheels. That's how I got a second set of wheels for my snow tires. They are identical to the ones that came from the factory. Bought 4 Michelin X-Ice tires with TPMS from TireRack and local tire shop mounted them. Takes me less than 30 minutes to change over at home.

Summer factory wheels
View attachment 20007

Winter tire wheels
View attachment 20008
You’re referencing your Stelvio, it looks like. The wheels and tires on Quads are a different size. The pics of your Stelvio are nice, but it’s not a Quad. Big difference when it comes to wheel and tire size. The Quads have almost no choice when it comes to exact tire and/or wheel choices.

·
239 Posts
You’re referencing your Stelvio, it looks like. The wheels and tires on Quads are a different size.
Well, the principle is the same. People buy wheels that they like better and then advertise their old wheels for sale on this forum. Which is how I got my second set. But as their are fewer quads, the chances of that happening for a set of wheels for a Quad are obviously lower.

·
Registered
201 Posts
FYI there's some used OEM quad wheels w/tires for sale on Ebay. I spoke to the seller awhile back. He was willing to sell wheels only.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What wheels are available for the quad? Has to be 20s or could 19s fit?
19's will fit, but you'll have that massive wheel gap staring back at you on a Quad. My QV got Pirelli Scorpions A/S tires for year round so I can get to ski resorts in the winter with much less issue. I got a little bit of a wider tire while keeping the recommended sidewall height, since no one was selling an A/S tire in the recommended sizes back in june. So far...... no issues with tranny knock on wood, and I push that thing daily in RPM's and have taken 3-4 trips with at least driving for 3 hours each way. I plan on getting a house with a garage sometime in the next few years so I can just have a set of winter wheels and and a set of summer wheels. Owning a condo doesn't really help my cause in that sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts