Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys ,

to my understanding the washer fluid is heated in this vehicle as well as the spray is integrated in the wipers ( Correct?)

during the winter here in Canada it gets very cold. Has there been any issues with the wipers freezing or the fluid not dispensing properly and making a big mess ?

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
In my experience, the system worked perfectly in arctic temps, snow, and icing conditions. I have seen a complaint from another thread- my thinking was maybe defective or diluted washer fluid was the culprit. My personal experience is that the system is excellent. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Confirmed: With cold weather package, YES. Includes heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated washer nozzles. If it has heated seats you are good to go.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
in the artic cold snap we had at new years, and then again a week and a half later, I had issue with the windshield icing up around the rear view mirror as a result of no heat reaching there around the big electronics package attached to the glass behind the mirror.

Also the stock washer fluid is terrible and makes a mess as it dries, and will ice up or otherwise obstruct vision on the drivers side window when it drys and leaves a residue, so pump it through asap and refill with decent fluid, once that's done you should be fine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The integrated sprayer system is pretty cool. I've never seen it before. Is there any advantage of this integrated system vs convention fixed sprayer system?

·
Read Only
849 Posts
I will be in Sweden, skelleftea and JokkMokk, on end febbrary, right now the system run well up -16°C in livigno, the last 3 days.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have not had issues with the washer fluid dispensing, but had had issues with the wipers becoming ineffective due to icing. I feel they lay too low to be thawed by the front defroster. Also, you cannot lift them very far off the window without hitting the hood, making them difficult to manually deice. I do not feel the wipers were well designed for cold or freezing climates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Audi has what sounds like a similar resting position under the cowl of the hood. Impossible to change or clean the wipers. It does have a service setting which puts the wipers about 1/2 way through their travel, which gives great access. Maybe the Stelvio has a similar setting. Haven't got mine yet to check.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts