Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today there is a new Stelvio review in the Rumble Seat column written by Dan Neal. Anyone read it? It's behind the paywall and I let my subscription lapse. Dan is a great writer and the headline suggests he likes the looks of the car anyway. I would be interested to know if it was a good read before I pony up. Funny story but Mr. Neal actually once worked for a company I went to work for but departed shortly after I started, although I did meet him a couple times. Actually, the departure wasn't by his choice. He had a pretty sweet gig there at the time -- driving and reviewing all sorts of exotic cars, working whatever hours he felt like and editing his own work. Then he decided to write a review that was a little too racy for this publication and managed to sneak it past every editor in the place. He was fired but was writing for Car & Driver within weeks so the sordid episode didn't really dent his career trajectory.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I suppose in a way it is his typical writing, perhaps amusing but not informative or useful in any way.

Basically his conclusion is it has a pretty face (nose) so should sell to shallow people.
After reading it I wasn't even sure if he had driven or even sat in one - but a lot of his reviews are like that.

I have no idea how the current crop of "automotive journalists" managed to get where they are; I subscribed to R&T for 40 years, and it gradually got so useless I dropped it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts