Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are 2 things that should be reset after doing an oil change..

Both can be found in the Multiscanecu tool or done at the dealer.. One is the obvious Oil Change Service message, however the other one in the Scan tool (under the Engine section) is to reset the the adaptive parameters of the UniAir control module. The dealer is supposed to do that as well. The UniAir system deals with optimizing combustion and the variable valvetrain and the fresh oil changes those paramters based on oil thickness and evap amount or something of that nature.. Power wise you probably wouldnt notice a change, I think it has more to do with engine effiency and evap, none the less, I always reset the module after an oil change anyways..
Ok, so stupid question: Which one of these do I actually execute after an oil change? I tried a couple, but I still get the "oil change needed" message on the instrument cluster when starting the vehicle.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Basically 2, one for the km's (10k max), one for the time ( 1 year)
so first and last in your list. It will take the PC date for the time based one.

That's assuming you can write to your car (no SGW or else SGW bypass)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Basically 2, one for the km's (10k max), one for the time ( 1 year)
so first and last in your list. It will take the PC date for the time based one.

That's assuming you can write to your car (no SGW or else SGW bypass)
I've got a build date in 2017, so no SGW. Whenever I execute the first one (Last service date), I get the following simple error message:

But when I go to the parameters tab afterwards, it appears that it did in fact update the last service date. Regardless, it did not remove the message from the instrument cluster that I was due for an oil change. I was finally able to get rid of it via one of the other methods discussed on these forums (turning ignition on, depressing gas pedal 5 times, and then starting the vehicle).

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
No SGW, no luck with anyhting. Pretty stupid so I'll just ignore it seen as the vehicle is a keeper anyway. Engineers and software programming with a warped sense of reality. Someday when it pays a visit, it will get cleaned up. Just like the ability to service brakes, there should be ability to reset service for all of us DIY types that haven't succombed to metro yet.

Reactions: psujwj

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this is an older tab, but just wanted to say that the 3 acceleration peddle presses worked on my 2019 Stelvio Sport.

-Start/stop button (without break depressed)
-3 gas peddle pushes (to the floor) Hold 1 second, release 1 second.
-Start/stop button (to turn off)

Then started vehicle, and oil light on dash was gone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No, none at all.....

From service manual giullia, and I assume stelvio is same:

Oil Change Indicator - Reset
•To reset the oil change indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the following procedure.
•Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and cycle the ignition to ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).
•Fully depress the accelerator pedal, slowly, six times within 10 seconds.
•Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button once to return the ignition to the OFF/LOCK position.

NOTE:
If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure. If the above process fails to complete, use the scan tool to complete the reset process.
I tried this method along with different methods from other topics but still didn't work for me. Mine is 2018 TI Sport

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks, both of you! I've had my '19 Ti Sport for two months. I've tried to clear that message dozens of times, every time the subject arises on this forum. Nope.
On reading these posts just now, I tried five more times. Finally really disciplined myself to press the pedal reeeeally slowly - not just a full second between presses, but taking a full second to execute each press.
Success!
Thanks again!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts